Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ps1 lcd

ps1 lcd

i just got my ps1 lcd in the mail today from ebay. the item was only $10 after shipping, the unit is susposed to work but doesn't have a power adapter. I have never owned a PS1 so if anyone who has one of these, do you know if i can use any 7.5v adapter or does it need anything special about it?

Heres a shot of it after i started taking it apart (i couldn't wait to tear it open, lol)

Now this is a little early i know, but as soon as i begin working on this, this thread will be my worklog for it. I'm still debating on where/how to mount it in my case. I have a few ideas, but noting written in stone yet, lol i still need to be able just to power the thing, lol

but heres a few more shots of it being stripped, i'll be honest i'm pretty excited for it.

I think i'm also gonna take some closer looks at troys case with the pullout lcd, i thought that was a pretty origional idea. I'm actually not going to be doing that, the idea i'm leaning towards will work completly differently, but seeing his construction may help me figure out how to do mine better.

i'm lookin forward to your comments and ideas on this.

ps1 lcd

alright guys, now that i've finished my tribal server i'm starting on this. (btw, i'll have finished pics of it up tomorrow).

Today all that i've done was test it. I borrowed my sisters digital camera to plug into the screen while i took pics with my own.

this is with the flash on, you really cant see much at all.

This is with the flash off, you can see a bit better.

and this is just a funny one, where you can see the camera focusing in on the LCD

Now the quality isn't the most amazing, but i'm considering connecting it through the VGA which will require a little soldering and configuration, but the quality will be pretty sensational (sorry, i never get to use the word).

This is going to be fairly simple for wiring as of this moment. The only imediate wiring i'll be doing it taking the car adapter which is powering it and just soldering on a molex instead.

I still have to decide how i want to mount this to my case, i wont be fitting it in the drive bays, I'm considering in the bottom where one of the VinylShock decals went, but i dont know yet. But since the majority of this project will be building the enclosure/mounting i cant promise when this will be updated sadly

ps1 lcd

Got a small bit of an update. Today i got this thing wired up for running off the computers power.

Since i want the option of having some lighting in the casing i decided to take the car adapter which had a 7.5v(for the lcd) and 12v(for the ps1) and just connect a molex to it.

So heres a quick shot of the guts all wired up..

then to keep it lookin pretty and clean, and sorry i couldn't get a better shot, i tried many times, heres the adapter with the molex in it.

ps1 lcd

so i just googled the phrase "brak hinge" and found just about nothing but laptop models, anyone know another name for these that i might be able to find in some kind of store?

ps1 lcd

Um whats a brak hinge? Never heard of one in my life.

Master Modder

ps1 lcd

Is this what you mean when you are saying brake hinge?

This will allow it to fold down and up when in use and keep it there. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

ps1 lcd

wow i never knew you could use a ps1 lcd in a pc? would it be able to display everything?? now this i will have to invest into! btw great idea! when you guna get a solid idea on the case and stuff?? sounds proper intresting keeping ma eye here!

ps1 lcd

a brake hinge is the same thing thats in a laptop that holds the screen wherever you move it.

ps1 lcd

I Know I was making fun of your "brak" mistake :twisted:

ps1 lcd

lol didn't even realize it. next time i get a chance, i'm going to pick up the framework for it and try to find the hinges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information