Thread: Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

What color? What form factor? What style? These are common questions we ask ourselves when looking for the right case. The options are plentiful and growing by the day. Deciding on which case to go with has a lot to do with what you actually plan on doing with the computer. Today we are going to take a look at Ultra's newest case offering the X-Blaster. The X-Blaster has a little more to offer than just the Beige color seen in the picture.

Read the full review here.

Master Modder

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

Nice review on a nice case. The price is right and it's truly a good bang for the buck. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this case for a mod. Happy Modding to ya.

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

Nice Review of this case. I recently saw this case on sale and was about to buy it, but I didn't know anything about it, so I waited until I researched it.

I had a question about the CPU air duct on the case. Were you able to use the CPU air duct with your setup? Does it line up properly over the CPU fan? I was also wondering what CPU fan you used in your setup? Does it do a good job?

Thanks.....
    SM

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

I'm not really a fan of midi towers, but as it looks, this one is preety cool

Nice review Tazz

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

Thanks, I have been running that case since I did the review (waiting on the next one to come in). It really is a good case. Its not as small as some but offers great cooling.

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

Nice Review of this case. I recently saw this case on sale and was about to buy it, but I didn't know anything about it, so I waited until I researched it.

I had a question about the CPU air duct on the case. Were you able to use the CPU air duct with your setup? Does it line up properly over the CPU fan? I was also wondering what CPU fan you used in your setup? Does it do a good job?

Thanks.....
    SM

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

The CPU Air duct is designed for the standard CPU orientation. AMD, Intel are both close to the same location. I have had several coolers on that 939 board and the duct works fine with anything that isnt to tall. The last two coolers that I have had in it are both heatpipe style coolers and are to tall to allow the duct to be left installed. Plus the heatpipe cooler also changes the location of the fan to the side so it defeats the purpose. Now it is getting common for some boards to move the CPU location around a little so it will definitely depend on which specific board is being used.

In that review I show the Ultra X-Wind 90mm Cooler, I have a review on all three versions of the X-Wind cooler located here. They all perform better than a stock AMD cooler does on this same hardware. You can check page 4 to see the temps I got at the time of the review. I am currently running the Ultra Chill TEC cooler on it right now and pull idle temps of 25C - 29C @ the processor. I did not like the CPU / GPU vents at first when I first seen them on the Aluminus case, I have reviewed three of their cases including the Aluminus which all have both vents on the side. It does make a difference and so far all three cases (Aluminus, Grid, and X-Blaster) have great cooling potential.

So if your running a cooler that does have the "standard" CPU location and you are using a fan that will be facing the side panel it should allow you to use the duct without any problems.

Ultra X-Blaster ATX Case

Thanks Tazz, you answered my questions and then some!!!

Thread Information