Thread: Noctua Case Fans

Noctua Case Fans

Today we are going to be taking a look at a unique set of fans. For the most part case cooling fans have been pretty consistent in design. Well Noctua is about to show us that case fans can be improved. The Noctua case fans incorporate several changes from the standard case fans on the market. We will be looking at the NF-R8 (80MM), NF-S12-800 (120MM / 800RPM), and the NF-S12-1200 (120MM / 1200RPM) fans.

Read the full review here.

Wet Sanded

Noctua Case Fans

Good review yet again, I was just hoping for some info about how loud they actually are with all of that soundproofing and low rpms.

Noctua Case Fans

the rating was around 17db i believe? Either way thats nice and quiet. Hopefully there will be different color schemes in the future.

Noctua Case Fans

Thank You.

Page 2 of the review shows all three fans dB ratings in with the rest of their specs. Assassin is correct though, 17dB is the highest two of the three fans is rated, while the other is 8dB.

One of the sleeved fans I tested with is rated at 27.5dB. There will also be a variation in the actual level they produce due to production processes and fluctuations. I really couldn't easily state either of the two was any louder than the other, its that close.

17dB is equivalent to less than a normal whisper. In my testing I attempted to actually measure the difference like I did with the headphone reviews, but could not produce enough of a difference to even chart it.

Noctua Case Fans

the rating was around 17db i believe? Either way thats nice and quiet. Hopefully there will be different color schemes in the future.
    Well I kicked off a link of the review to Noctua yesterday to kind of give them a preview while it was still being proof read before going live. Noctua confirmed my assumption on why they went with a different color selection compared to what most use.

As for the colors of the fan, I can only confirm your assumption that we've chosen them in order to set them apart from other fans. Noctua is still a fairly young brand, so it wouldn't have been wise to come up with yet another black fan. That's why we've chosen a color scheme that makes them stand out from a very immediate visual point of view.

Thread Information