Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

Guests

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

Hello,

most likely, many of You know a little software called "Com Port Winamp Control" - which can control winamp externally, using 4 or 15 buttons and com port. Just connect the buttons with female com-port, connect it to pc and configure - and that is all, now You can control Your player externally.

The little article to read is here

The main problem is, that You can only click or hold a button, when You want to change the volume.

But - how could we connect "round" volume controller like this:

I suppose, that there are 2 ways:

1. To change the scheme somehow

2. Or - try to create a controller, which will click on the buttons, when You roll it.

None of the above I have not solved yet ..

Any creative ideas, guys?

Thx

Wet Sanded

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

Pretty sure can't use COM port for that unless you did #2. Com port uses 0s and 1s (on - off), not 0.5 (half-signal). When you spin a knob, that's what it does, weakens the signal (usually just some amount of electricity). They do, however, have 15 way knob switches. You could hook one of them up to all 15 com inputs, and configure each pulse to set the volume to a certain level. If you have two com ports, then you have a solution.
    Hope this helps.

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

or maybe to make a circuit with the - ermm not sure how you guys call it - impulse giver, look like a potentiometer but it gives out an impulse, that might be a solution.. (impulse, same as you pushed the button very quick, it has 2 direction options - left, right and if you turn it right it wil short-circuit COM and R or something, if you turn it left it will connect COM and L)

Same, hope it helps

btw, welcome to the forums

Wet Sanded

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

Trimming capacitor.

Guests

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

guys,

what if we take a wheel from the mouse, as a base? you know, that when we scroll it - we have volume a bit higher, and same to lower volume.

the only problem, that it uses not a com port. how could we connect it to the scheme... ?

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

I think it's not called like that, SL

and Lemonize
    That would be harder as mouses use optics to see in wich way the wheel is moving :P

Guests

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

ok... i ll try to create some device , which will scroll and push the buttons it ssems to me, that the construction is pretty simple, but still got no ideas

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

I think what you are looking for is a rotary swith. Something like a single pole / 2 or more postion and it has to be a non-shorting switch. In other words that it breaks one connection before it makes the next one.

Here is a PDF with a picture and a how-to-use. It maynot be the right how to, but I think you will get an idea or two.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Labs/misc/RotarySwitchHowTo.pdf

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

hmm nope, it should turn for 360 degrees and give an impulse when turned right, something like this:

you turn it left for one position
    L C R (Left, Com, Right)
    ÷÷×

you leave it in the middle (not touching - default, standby or w/e lol)
    L C R
    ×÷×

you turn it right
    L C R
    ×÷÷

and, you should be able to turn the knob indefinitely (yes, by english sux - to be able to turn it how many times you wished, it wouldn't stop..) sometimes I really wish I knew english a little better.. lol

it would make contact like every half a degree (30')

I hope at least one person understood me what I meant.. that can explain what I meant.. lol

COM PORT WINAMP CONTROL

hmm could try working a circuit to send a pulse down a different wire when a change in resistance/voltage is detected (volume dial turned)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information