Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is a better setup?

Master Modder

Which is a better setup?

I've been asked about 2 setups and which one is the better of the two.
    2x7300's in SLI or 1x7600? Now I'm betting that someone here can answer this question for me. I don't know squat about the newer cards and this person doesn't have the funds to go into the 7800's. Thank you and Happy Modding to ya.

Which is a better setup?

Hehe good question, in fact, I'd like to know more about that too! :P

I have a 7300, tho, I was in same err problem.. didn't know if I should buy another 7300 or something better but then I decided that I won't buy anything cuz my mobo doesn't support SLi (as it seems??)

Master Modder

Which is a better setup?

How do you like your 7300? What games do you play and how does the games perform for you?

Which is a better setup?

A 7600GT should out perform two 7300's easily. I am currently running a 7600GT (opps) and would say so far its surprised me for a low end card.

Master Modder

Which is a better setup?

i have to agree with tazz i am running a 7600gt and i think its a brillant card! i can play all my games on high res and have all the settings set as high as they can go....and on 3d mark pro it works that on high aswell with very little slag...honestly i ent used a 7300 so i cant say about that one but defo worth getting a 7600gt where would u be getting it from?

Master Modder

Which is a better setup?

Thanks for your input Tazz and Razer121. It's not for me, I was asked about it from a person that's building a system for himself. I don't know where he's going to get it from. Happy Modding to ya.

Which is a better setup?

Well I have not played with a 7300 series card either. You can find several comparisons online between the two, I stay fairly current on reviews lately and from everything I have seen the 7600 single is considerably better.

I wont go as far as saying the 7600 will run a set of games at high res with max settings. I have the fastest 7600 currently on the market and can tell it's not what I am use to. I have done a little gaming with it but I have not taken any stats for it yet. I know my 7900s (2 GS's in SLI and a GT) do good but could also do better at high res with max settings. So there is no way I would expect the 7600 to get in their range. Although I do think the 7600GT I have will give one of my 7900GS cards a run. Will have to find out in the review though .

Master Modder

Which is a better setup?

Thanks so much for the info. I'll pass this along to this person that doing the building. Happy Modding to ya.

Which is a better setup?

about my 7300GT.. wouldn't talk...

ok in NFS Carbon, I can have everything at full but if I start a cop chase or go racing... LLAAAAAGGG

for Counter Strike:Source, everything at max, tho it lags for a few secs sometimes (rarely)

Oblivion 4 - works cool, untill it starts raining.. lol

in short,

you pay little, you get little :P

I don't play much, I just play when parents aren't at home :P (they have the job in next house so I don't want to get caught lol)

Master Modder

Which is a better setup?

Will 2x7600GS in SLI out perform a single 7600GT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information