Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dvd authoring, HELP PLEASE

dvd authoring, HELP PLEASE

well i plunked down some money on upgrades today bout a 7600 GS and a dvd burner well im kinda in a rough spot on the burner i need some knowledge from you fine folks. First off does anyone have a fovorite software they use to burn dvds? Second, what file format do i need to have them in to be read on a dvd player? Any help would be greatly appreciated. MOD ON!

Clear Coat

ok, i just use the version of nero that come with my drive for burning. But you can also try Deep Burner (idk website), and most video editing suites have an option for burning through them. To read on almost all DVD players, it must be in mpeg1 or mpeg2 encoding, usually in a VIDEO_TS folder. If you have a collection of folders with (whatever).VOB and (whatever).IFO files, its a DVD, and akk you should have to do is burn the folder (VIDEO_TS) onto a DVD. I find it much easier to just drag and drop movie files into my nero DVD authoring software though. Also, some DVD players will play AVI or Divx or Xvid, but check to make sure that it will. (In that case, you just burn the (movie.avi) file onto a disk.

I too use Nero and found that it does everything I want.

So are you trying to make...lets say, backup copies of DVD's that you own or did you "aquire" them off the net?

Master Modder

I use the program Nero that came with my DVD burner and also CDBurnerXP Pro for doing ISO files. CDBurnerXP Pro is a free download off of the net. I also use DVDShrink 3.2 when needed because of my grandchildren don't know how to handle the disc's properly and they can sure mess up a disc. Hope this helps. Happy Modding to ya.

thanks guys, getting it sorted out some will let yaa know

I use Nero for all burning. Nero 6+ will also handle ISO files .

Master Modder

yep i use nero to works great

I use nero to burn the disks, but have other programs to do other stuff.

http://www.ripit4me.org/ Free and easy to use.. it's not the quickest one out there but it gets the job done...

Ok guys still having a little trouble, all your help is appreciated and it has gotten me this far. Here is what i have done

1. Insert dvd from my home library
    2. Launch dvd shrink
    3. DVD shrink does its think and make a file
    4. open nero
    5. Select make dvd
    6. the box to ad files opens (Here i need help)

Do i remove the empty audio and video folders? or just add the whole folder that dvd shrink made?

I know this is probably mega easy for some but my user guide really sucks that came with the burner.

Clear Coat

I use http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe for copying the disks... DVD shrink usually cant handle copyrighted movies. With DVD shrink, open the VIDEO_TS file, and select "Backup" Then in the popup window that appears, select "Create ISO" in the Target Device area. Then you can use Nero to just burn that ISO to Disk. Or, instead of selecting Backup, you can hit the "Reauthor" button and get rid of menus and subtitles and other language tracks. (This lets you fit higher quality video onto the disk, otherwise the program compresses it for you.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information