Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will this one work?

Master Modder

will this one work?

ok i have this card,
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300058406853
    now the person i got it off, says that this card
    will not work with it, now im abit stuck here as im fairly new to the whole pci-e sli stuff well to be honest i have never done it before but i do know your supposed to have the same cores correct? now if i am correct these cards are the same??

well have a look and tell me what you lot think cos im really lost and dont want to buy a card which will be useless to me well thanks all

will this one work?

Frm my understanding, SLi no longer requires the "same brand" across both cards, only the same model of card.

You have 2 of the 7600GT's with identical specs... should not be a problem!
    Have fun!

What SLI motherboard are you plugging these into?

will this one work?

Correct!

From the NVIDIA website...

New Flexibility:
    Mix and Match Graphics Cards from Different Manufacturers

Example: You can use a GeForce 7800 GTX from manufacturer ABC with a GeForce 7800 GTX from manufacturer XYZ.
    Note: You must still use two graphics cards that have the same GPU. For example, a GeForce 7800 GT must be matched with another GeForce 7800 GT (not with a GeForce 7800 GTX or a GeForce 6800 Ultra). Mix and Match Graphics Cards with Different Input/Output Ports
    Example: You can use a GeForce 6800 GT with Dual DVI & TV-out with a GeForce 6800 GT with Dual DVI & VIVO.

Mix and Match Graphics Cards with Different Clock Speeds
    Example: You can use a higher clocked GeForce 6600 GT 550/525 with a standard clock GeForce 6600 GT 500/500.

Mix and Match Graphics Cards with Different Memory Sizes
    Example: Using Coolbits, you can use a 128MB GeForce 6800 GT with a 256MB GeForce 6800 GT.

Note: NVIDIA recommends that SLI customers, whenever possible, purchase graphics cards with matching memory sizes. When dissimilar memory sizes are enabled to work together using Coolbits (value set to 18), the effective memory size for each card becomes the smaller of the two memory sizes.

Now with Ati I have heard that you can run two different type sof cards in the new CF setup. I would like to give that one a try.

will this one work?

You can run 2 different cards in ATI's crossfire, you always have been able to, although it will run at the slower card's speed.

Chart from ati's websitehttp://ati.amd.com/technology/crossfire/charts.html

With Nvidia's SLI, you need the exact same GPU, Different clocks will work, although I'm positive that it will run at the slower card's clock. so if you can O/C at all, it may be advisable to do so.

And you're going to need coolbits to run dif memory sizes, which sucks if you don't do any o/c'ing and you're finnaky about changing settings.

My brother has an x1950pro, and i believe he is looking at the X1950pro, although alot of other cards will run with the crossfire card. only problem is, the crossfire card will always cost ALOT more.

Master Modder

will this one work?

The ATI Crossfire pricing was the main reason that I went with SLI. I was lucky with the price that I paid out. I spent a total of $200 for both of my eVGA 6800XT cards. I'm quite pleased with the performance that I receive from Red Lantern.

Clear Coat

will this one work?

I think i saw something about the newest series of ATI cards having the crossfire stuff built in, so you dont have to buy a master/Crossfire edition card anymore...

will this one work?

yeah, SLi is cheaper, but in the end, you'll get alot more performance out of ATi's card (purely looking at the x1*** to 7*** series cards)

will this one work?

I think i saw something about the newest series of ATI cards having the crossfire stuff built in, so you dont have to buy a master/Crossfire edition card anymore...
    You are correct and it is in my review of the X1950 Pro

http://www.modders-inc.com/reviews-story--78.html

The newer cards, starting with the Pro series, have the new CrossFire. I am currently running two X1950 Pros with the new CrossFire and so far no problems.

Master Modder

will this one work?

Maybe sometime in the future my next machine will be Crossfire.

Master Modder

will this one work?

thank you! all of you such a great help to me very much apprectiated will let you all know how i get on once again thank you all youve made my day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information