Thread: Copper Paint vs. UV Paint

Copper Paint vs. UV Paint

I'm at a loss right now

I've always wanted to do the inside of a case in full UV paint, but after talking to a friend of mine, he suggested that I use copper paint on the mod I'm about to start. He is a novice modder like myself and we throw ideas back and forth alot and I was just wondering what you guys thought? I still haven't received my case yet so I haven't started anything other than plans, but as you know, us modders change our plans be it by our own devices or other reasons. I just want something that is different, yet within the realm of possibility.

If anyone has any input, please feel free to comment on this. The picture of the case I will be using is in the UV Paint Mod thread in this section.

Thanks in advance

depending on the colour that you're using on the exterior i would say the copper would look pretty good. especially with some white led or ccfl to light it up and make it shine. if you go with the copper i would also say get a good metal flake (metallic) one.

I can say I havent seen many mods with a copper inside. Sounds interesting.

Yeah, I've never seen a copper inside of a rig either nor have I seen the entire inside of a case painted in UV, but I'm not really around a bunch of modders where I live so it's not to say that it hasn't been done :P If I do the copper, I will have some copper accents on the outside as well to tie it all together, like I said I'm still in the planning stages so if anyone has any ideas that are different, yet still within the realm of possibility, please feel free to drop me a line either by my email velspayne@gmail.com or here at the forum.

depending on the colour that you're using on the exterior i would say the copper would look pretty good. especially with some white led or ccfl to light it up and make it shine. if you go with the copper i would also say get a good metal flake (metallic) one.
    I got my hands on some metallic copper paint, well as metallic as i could find, and it said "For best results this paint should be applied to a chromed surface." So I bought some chrome paint as well. When the case comes, I'm going to do a little test piece probably behind the mobo tray and see how it looks, if it's not to my liking, I'll just have to find a "shinier" copper paint.

Thread Information