Thread: Reunion

Master Modder

Reunion

I went on a family reunion, which started on the 14th of Feb., and I drove from Maryville, TN to Dallas, TX.. While I was there I was able to meet Tech-Daddy at a local Starbuck's to shoot the breeze. It was a very nice visit. Let me tell you my first impression of him, this man is huge compared to me. I'm only 5'2" and with my boots on I might get an extra inch. He is pushing the 7' mark with his 6'9" frame. Now these measurements are not accurate but they are close. It was a Mutt and Jeff type of feeling. Other wise it was great to meet and talk with him. We did visit for a couple of hours. Just to let everyone know that the man is a gentleman and he matches his mods, which everyone knows about, which is quality, his parents should be proud of him. I do believe that he is young enough to be my son. You only have to be 38 or less to be a child of mine. He looked to be around the mid thirties to me. I got home last night at 8:30pm EST after putting on 2736 miles on my vehicle, I did a oil change on my van the day before I left and now it's time for another oil change. Thanks Tech-Daddy for taking the time out of your day to sit and talk with me, I had a good time with the visit, perhaps we can do it again next year when we go again to the family reunion.

Reunion

glad to hear your back, thats always cool when modders get a chance to hang out, lol. there aren't generally enough of us to be localized :P

Reunion

glad to hear your back, thats always cool when modders get a chance to hang out, lol. there aren't generally enough of us to be localized :P
    imagine.. Modders' city :P
    lol

Reunion

glad to see you are back and safe em3bilko! The pleasure was all mine bud! And you are right... I'm pushing 6'8", carrying too much weight (going to be loosing that over the near future), and I'm 36!

You have a good eye! Bad back... but a good eye!

I'm very happy that we were able to hook up and chat! I always love sitting down and hooking up with fellow modders and talking shop, life, inspirations.... what brought you to *this* point in your life where you would take a second look at a brand new machine and think, "Screw the warranty!"

I've always found that interesting!

Anyway, I just got back today from an emergency trip up to Arkansas. I am tired.... think I"ll try and hit the sack!

Again, em3bilko... it was great ot meet you and I look forward to your next trip to Dallas! We will hook up again, and keep the tradition alive!

Take care sir!
    -=TD

Master Modder

Reunion

Sounds good to me and I hope your trip to Arkansas didn't hurt to much. I hate emergency trips. They always hurt somewhere. You take care TD and I'll see you on the next round. Happy Modding to ya.

Wet Sanded

Reunion

oo. Good to hear. Actually me and tribaloverkill aren't more than a half of an hour away from each other, and we used to be closer. He's a pretty cool guy in person.

Master Modder

Reunion

Awesome SplitLip, I wish I was closer to some of the modders on this site. It took me 2 days of solid driving to get to see TD. I don't wish that on anybody. I've been back now for 4 days and I still can't get back to working on the switchboard. So enjoy the short trip you have for visiting one of the best modders around. I must admit that MI is loaded to the gills with top notch modders.

Thread Information