Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teardown

Teardown

Well, I finally got my case and had it for a whole hour before it was completely dismantled. Here's what it looked like before I got my mitts on it

and here's what it looks like now.....

The front of the case, minus the power/reset switches as well as the three included fans.

The chassis, as stripped down as I could get it.

The wiring harnesses' were a bit tough to get out, but I managed.

This weekend I will more than likely paint the whole chassis an annodized(spelling) copper color, as well as some of the vertical rises on the front of the case. I will post the actual mod pics in another thread, but for now I figured you'd like to see the case taken apart and the beginning of my project.

Master Modder

Teardown

Wow, that's a large case. It's great seeing it in pieces and now I'm ready for a worklog. Happy Modding to ya.

Teardown

Nice large case, top should come off if you want by removing the rivets.

Teardown

Yes it is a HUGE case 8O It's almost like a server case. The area just underneath the space for the PSU is a vertical hard drive mounting area. I'm not the greatest with rivets so I'm just going to leave the top on the rig and tape it off. The worklog will be started as soon as I can think of a name for the project. *The main colors will be copper and black* If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears

Also, just to give you guys a heads up, it will take a while for me to get this project done. I had to get an alternator put on my SUV this morning and am probably going to have to get some other things put on too like belts and pullies so hopefully I can resave the money for everything and get the project finished ASAP. After the rest of the bills are paid today, I might be able to still order the PSU so it will be a slow project thanks to my vehicle and my bills the project will be long awaited to completion at least to me anyways.

Master Modder

Teardown

I love your choice of colors. They were the colors on my 1967 Cougar XR7 that I use to own. Black top with a copper body topped off with 60 series rear tires, 70 series front on chrome reverse rims and baby moon nut covers. Powered by 325hp, 390cubic inch V8 under the hood. So let's see if you can get that beast of a tower to roar like my cat did. Happy Modding to ya.

Teardown

I like the old mercs, but I'm really a camaro man. I'd like to have a 69 z28 black with white racing stripes, that's the old muscle car for me

Master Modder

Teardown

I and a buddy built a 32' Model A and put a 69' Z-28 327 cubic 4 bolt main into it. The driveshaft had to be special made and it was only 3 feet long. Put a lowered straight axle on the front and positrac 4-10 in the rear and put a 30 gallon gas tank in the rumble seat area because the 10 gallon take under the windshield just wasn't enough for the 327 to take me on my trip from San Diego to Wakon, Minnesota. It got destroyed when a 19 yr old dumped the clutch and the front wheels came off the ground and when it came back down the left wheel assembly broke off and it dug into the pavement and hit a pickup with a camper on the bed. Cracked the block, bend the driveshaft and one muffler. I was able to safe the rear tires and 1 muffler. The driver was thrown out the open top of the car. We hadn't put the top cloth in yet and he was all scratched up from the pavement and had a broken are and nose when he hit the frame around the top of the car going thru the opening. The pickup was totalled and the kid was sued for his stupid driving habits. That's when I got the 67Cougar XR7. I may have lost a wonderful street rod but the Cougar was a chick magnet for me in 1972.

Teardown

Sounds like a sweet model A, no wonder the kid popped a wheelie with all that torque going through a 3ft. long driveshaft.

I might paint the case tomorrow, that is if I can find a place to do it. I don't have my old workroom anymore since I moved so I'll have to find a place to mod this case.

Master Modder

Teardown

Good luck on finding a place to work, I would help if I could. Happy Modding to ya.

Teardown

I painted the chassis of the case today, I will start posting pics of it as soon as I can think of a name for the project......The metallic copper paint didn't turn out the way I wanted exactly, but it still looks pretty cool.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information