Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Smoothwall Unit

Master Modder

Possible Smoothwall Unit

My wife gave me the old breadbox from the kitchen today. I have an old Asus TX97-E mobo w/233mhz Intel cpu. So what do you guys think about this being a Smoothwall or something of that nature to install on my network here at the house? Let me know what you think. Pics are available.

:idea:

Master Modder

Possible Smoothwall Unit

No ideas about what to do with this thing. It's not fast enought for gaming that's for sure, even surfing the web is a pain, so it's almost useless I guess. :idea:

Possible Smoothwall Unit

DO IT!

I would make sure to keep the box as-is. Don't paint, stain or anything that might take away from it looks. since it will used for a firewall it wont need to fast, but later down the road you could always upgrade it.

An idea would be to attach a keyboard to the front door and hide the mouse inside. So when you need to do something on it just open the door and its all there. :-)

Possible Smoothwall Unit

Yea Smoothwall box would be nice.... keep the box as is. think of a way to use wire grills for ald look.

Possible Smoothwall Unit

Better yet, get one of those keyboards that have the little mouse nublet betweein G and H. Integrate everything into it, including a top that flips up with a 6" LCD and hide everhting inside.

Possible Smoothwall Unit

Could be an interesting mod.

233 is kinda small but it depends on what your doing with it, a recipie box/ cd/mp3 player possably?
    The older smaller system might not be good at the newest games but they are good for record keeping type stuff since they dont need a top of the line system to run. older aps can probably be found on the net for free or next to it to do what you want to use it for.

Master Modder

Possible Smoothwall Unit

I've had a change of mind. The Smoothwall is going into Cash Box which you can find in the work logs. I'll find something to go into the Breadbox later. When I decide to start on this project MI will be the first to know. :idea:

Possible Smoothwall Unit

I've had a change of mind. The Smoothwall is going into Cash Box which you can find in the work logs. I'll find something to go into the Breadbox later. When I decide to start on this project MI will be the first to know. :idea:
    what about bread

Master Modder

Possible Smoothwall Unit

Sorry about being so late on the reply Senior but I missed the indicator that you had left a reply. Anyway Bread will be used for something else and at this time don't know what. My next project is going to be my mother's puter. TheGreatSatan sparked the idea with his Clowned project for his mom. My mother liked his project so we will do hers but don't have a theme as of yet, any ideas!! Remember this is a 83 year old lady so we can't go to wild on her. Her interests are birds, Bible, her dog Jack (the boxer), history buff, NASCAR, she's not a gamer(Ha Ha), if I can think of anything else I'll let you know. But any and all ideas would be a great help getting this project off the ground. Thanks. :idea:

Possible Smoothwall Unit

its nice but be careful, wood is a pretty good insulator so you wanna watch heat output on them, maybe try liquid cooling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information