Thread: I'm new here!

I'm new here!

Hey guys, I just joined...and wanted to post my rig. I'm trying to find blue LED fans for my rig.

The pix below are of my system when it was newly assembled, later on, I installed extra fans for the intake and exhaust, and got a Zalman 7000 for my CPU as the Intel stock sucks.

Master Modder

I'm new here!

Welcome to MI!! You've come to the right place to get answers. Here is a place that will treat you right. So you need LED's do you? How about this place?
    DragonModz
    They will fix you right up.

I'm new here!

Welcome! Nice rig ya got there.

I'm new here!

Welcome to MI Ozimandius

http://www.modders-inc.com/forum-31.html DB has an outstanding database listing for about anything you want.

newegg.com also sells led fans as well, it just depends on the look you want some sites offer different styles than others, some offer a sleeving service for you as well.

I'm new here!

Thanks a ton for the links guys!

Here are some pix I took y-day, after I did a DIY job on my intake fan, as I was getting sick of all the dust being accumulated on the exhaust and CPU fan. The Zalman 7000 is a pain to clean, as it involved dismantling the whole fan/heat sink, and wiping the blades, and using a heavy duty blower to clean the fins of the Zalman.

Btw, I used A/C filter foam, for the intake =D

I'm new here!

I'm looking for closed cables to do a bit of cable management too, any DIYs on it?

I'm new here!

As far as cable management mods go, the cheapest route to go is to get yourself some zip-ties. With these, you can route your cables up out of the way or move them closer to the rigs chassis to promote airflow. If you're talking about sleeving the cables, that is a little more intensive espescially if you remove all the molex connectors. If you're looking for a cheap route to go that is pretty quick and effective, I would recommend the zip-ties. Also another good thing about the zip-ties is that it's not permanent. If you don't like it, it's pretty easy to change

Master Modder

I'm new here!

There is automotive wire sleeving in different sizes, from 1/4-3/4 inch. With it all you have to do is open by way of the slit and push your wires into it. You can get this stuff fairly cheap also, like $5 for 10ft. That's just a estimate price because I haven't checked on it for quite awhile. You can get it in many different colors also. Happy Modding to ya.

I'm new here!

Thanks. I went to our server room, and found some old HP Proliant SCSI cables with black sleeves, and got 3 of those.

And yeah, news flash, the air filter attached to the intake fan has turned light brown from the outside, in the shape of a donut! That's a LOT of dust in less than a week innit?

I'm new here!

CABLES!!!! Clean them up a bit but the rest looks wicked dude.

Thread Information