Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got My Processor

Got My Processor

Here's a link to the processor that I got for my rig.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115003

I'll be able to drop it in once I finish the mods and buy all the rest of the hardware for it.
    Just wanted to give you a heads up about it. Also, if you want to, check out my worklog "Teardown" to see the small amount of progress that I've made on the rig.

Got My Processor

Amazing processor, They can overclock very nicely. My brother has oced his past 3Ghz with ease on a zalman 9500AT.

Master Modder

Got My Processor

hm...not a fan of intel but i have used them before and can say they do seem to overclock really wel, i had a single 3.2gz prescot, i got that up to 4.25gz, what heatsink and fan are you going to use??

Got My Processor

I have the 6400 (2.1) and love it! I have gotten it up to the 6600(2.4) speed with little effort with a small rise in temp.

Master Modder

Got My Processor

Thanks for sharing your good news, I like good news, Happy Modding to ya.

Got My Processor

hm...not a fan of intel but i have used them before and can say they do seem to overclock really wel, i had a single 3.2gz prescot, i got that up to 4.25gz, what heatsink and fan are you going to use??
    the new C2D's eat the pants off of AMD's x2 and FX lines. They're amazing processors and I'd personally like to see when AMD kicks it up a notch with their new line.

To Americanfreak: Yeah, I personally don't like the E6400, its a midpoint between the E6300 and E6600, and the E6300 can go just as far. Although I've seen an E6600 Go past 3.0Ghz on air with a slight bump in voltage. I know it can go more, It's just what the overclocker is suitable with + Watercooling. I believe i saw the E6300 hit 3Ghz as well on air, but it ran pretty hot from what I remember

Master Modder

Got My Processor

yea suppose you are right but i wouldnt say eats the pants of the amd 64s, they are very good and wel, ive done research on the intels and yes your are right when they were benchmarked agaisnt the amd 64s they did beat them but not by that much, but still yes your right is better but....in what way? ive found it doesnt really improve alot when your workin with your computer, aka gaming not much difference there, although when it came to running programs it did win, but then its not all about the cpu the memory helps out alot there if you know what i mean? well either way ive gone on abit here, cant wait to see the rig get together

Got My Processor

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=433&model2=464&chart=170

Now, when the FX-62 came out, it was around 1000 dollars right? The E6600 was about 400. A processor can make quite a difference, And if your looking for a cheap oc'er or looking for a high end processor, right now, intel is the way to go, but like I said before, I can't wait to see what AMD puts out. I want to wait till both new lines are out so i can make a good decision. I'm still running on a P4/agp style setup, Biding my time until i can get a good deal.

Master Modder

Got My Processor

suppose you do have a very good point there

Got My Processor

Well, I'm actually not a big intel fan either, but the mobo that I want to get is a socket LG775 mobo and that was the best proc. that I could get in that socket so it was kinda a trade off. I've heard that intel has made some improvements in the past few years and the dual core thing really made me pay attention when FlightSimX said that it would utilize both cores to the fullest. That's the main app I'll be playing/using on the system so it kinda worked in my favor. Hopefully I won't be let down once I get the rig up and running

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information