Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From now on I'm changing my own oil

From now on I'm changing my own oil

Im still a bit ticked off, though in part it was my fault because i was in a rush and didnt have time to do this myself but yeah, heres what happened.

I have an 87 Firebird that had the 2.5 liter v6 but have recently upgraded to a WS6 LS1 from a 98 Trans Am. Anyways I went to (insert random 10 min oil change place) to get my oil changed because its winter and I really didnt have any time to do it myself, so I went there and got my oil changed, while they did so I told them multiple times that the engine is different from what the VIN Number says it is and i told themhow much oil it needed..

Anyways Im driving home and I look at my oil pressure gauge and notice its low and the temp gauge and noticed it was a bit hot then all of a sudden my engine stops I pull over and I already knew what had happened, the engine seized up...

Im pissed as the engine only had 70k miles on it and the transmission only 18k, oh well their going to buy me a new engine, which hopefully i get to pick because if they pick they are going to get a cheap V6.

Wet Sanded

Damn man. I dunno much about motors, but destroying an engine sounds like a feat. Hope this works out for the better for ya.

Crap dude!

Make sure you get in writting somewhere that they will get you a new motot and that it is the same type as you had before. IF they are a good company they will give you a fair deal, but watch them closely as they just lost a ton of money having to replace you engine.

Master Modder

What a bummer, good luck with the ordeal that's coming up working with this company. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

ooo that does sound nasty i would not be impressed

If you explained it needed that much, they should pay for the same replacement on a seized engine. My dad took the family van to get changed at another 10min change place. They broke the air filer cap, and they had to end up refilling the engine 3 times with oil.

First time, My dad goes and asks for synthetic. So he watches the guy fill it with normal oil. After he's done, he tells the manager, and the kid has to do it again.

Seccond time, So the kid pulls out the oil plug, drains the oil, runs back up, and fills er with synthetic. Only problem was he left out the oil cap, so he basically drained it through.

Third time, he puts back in the plug, fills her, my dad pays, And never comes back.

My experience is that idiots around here, Especially in such a big oil boom for alberta (we have oilsands deposit if you don't know, jobs are in high demand, guys coming out of school are making easily 50k +, buying new trucks) that I wouldnt trust my vehicle to anybody over 16, and go to a decent shop.

Usually 10 min oil change places arent too bad...if you get a guy who atleast knows his way around a cars engine.

guys coming out of school are making easily 50k
    I think I might be moving to Canada sometime soon, lol

I told them multiple times that the engine is different from what the VIN Number says it is and i told them how much oil it needed..
    Regardless of what the car calls for or what you told them they still need to check the dipstick and see if it's full or not. If it seized up from lack of oil I would defiantly be making them fix or replace the motor.

they still need to check the dipstick and see if it's full or not.
    They did, but my guess is that they didnt wipe the previous oil off of it before they checked it.

they still need to check the dipstick and see if it's full or not.
    They did, but my guess is that they didnt wipe the previous oil off of it before they checked it.
    Dang even I know you gotta do that and I don't even own a car yet :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information