AMD AthlonX2 4400
    BFG 650w PWR
    Corsair Twinx 2048-3500LLPRO 2GB "now discontinued"
    Plextor PX-760A optical drive
    2@BFG Geforce 7800 GTOC 256 GDDR3 PCIE "now discontinued"
    2@Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 [Rev3] AVC-NV5R3
    2@Wrestern Digital Raptor 80GB 10,000 RPM set to raid 0
    Saitek Eclips keyboard "special edition red" < red led back lit keys
    Logitech G5 mouse < best mouse I have ever owned!!!!!!!
    ViewSonic VX922 LCD monitor
    2@Logisys Night & Day Cold Cathode kit 12in UV
    Logisys 120mm fan w/cold cathode UV light
    3@"Attitude" <brand SPST Switch w/ Red Military Style Cover w/Blue LED

The projects that I have thought up are as followed

1. Install 3 Attitude switches, 2 of witch in line the off position a 3 way switch "performing as a power override, but still allowing usage of the 2 choices of night/day function.

2.Case Mod, The ASUS Vento case is not the norm. It has a flip up hatch over the drive bays. that aspect and functionality is neat to me, but I am going to take it to the motoriz leveled. I will fab a door/motor assys that will open and close via power. Thought of using those cool vandal switches!

3. Case Mod. The Vento case also is not exactly good for lets call it creative lighting. The case is plastic,not square,and BIG. I use this computer now without the side panel,probably not to safe, but I don't have kids and the wife won't touch it lol, only because I had to buy her a laptop to keep her away from it lol!!!!!!!!The plan is to use plexy/lexan to create a replacement side panel with a automotive tint around the edge.[like you have on most cars from the factory hiding the frame and glue from sight]
    that Mod alone will take a lot of time and work, but till then, I thought some automotive graphics could dress it up as well. If you have seen the commercial for the Scion XB with the red scion/ it has a arrow like markings down both side's like this... >>>>. anyway... just a thought. damn did I post enough today?

Master Modder

Intoducing my rig BIG RED

should be cool cant wait to see this move along should be intresting

Master Modder

Do you have the side panel to help with the cooling of the unit or for something else? You didn't mention anything about fans, did it come with fans or have you added any fans? Happy Modding to ya.

Cool case

tho, as em3 I think it might get a lil hot in there.. heh

I like that case , and will be even better when you get done with it 8-)

... should not be hot, has intake fan behind scoops, exhaust fan in rear ... http://www.xoxide.com/asus-vento-3600-pc-case-black.html

The ASUS case came with one 120mm fan and one 80mm fan, that i replaced with UV reactive one's. I have watched my temps. The temp dosn't change much with or without the side panel.I just jumped off the computer after playing BF2142 and saw it about 40c. It will get as low as 32c/35c at idle.
    That dose remind me of another mod i have been thinking about. I was also thinking about making the intake's at the front functional by making a fiberglass duct that will be connected on the inside as one with one fan sucking air in.I would end up pointing the fan to the back but up at an angle to put that fresh air on north bridge.Right now the stock fan in the front location isn't really taking advantage of the wide open intake's.

making a duct? ... who needs fiberglass ...

Fabricating Ducts/Panels from Pantyhose & Resin
    ... http://www.modders-inc.com/ftopict-132.html

8-)

Yes I know, I watch pimp my rides too....

Master Modder

From reading your temps, it seems to be running with normal temps. The tunnel for air intake would be a neat mod to do. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

hey this sounds like this is getting intresting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information