Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building this computer RIGHT. Quick answers plz 2 day 2 pick

Building this computer RIGHT. Quick answers plz 2 day 2 pick

Hey im getting a computer... heres whats gunna be in the case...

Asus P5N-E
    2 Gigs of RAM
    core2duo 2.4
    160 gig HD WD - sata
    8800 GTX Evga
    Seasonic 700W power supply
    1 DVD Drive
    1 Floppy Drive

now i was thinking of getting

Thermaltake Beetle 4 in 1 Performance Heatpipe Cooler
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=006591&cid=FN. 349

now im not exactly sure how that hooks up :S and by the looks of it i don't think its gunna work with a the Cpu

i was also thinking of the Volcano
    http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Tt_Volcano12/index.html

I was more interested in the BEETLE but i heard Volcano was pretty solid as well.

now i was hoping you would be able to tell me THEEE best one i could get ... i don't especially care about the sound as long as its not a roar.

Thx.

Well I woudln't do the Beetle myself just cause I dislike the looks of it. The Volcano is a loud mofo... I have three rigs running in here. One uses a ThermalRight, the other currently has a Sivlerstone NT06-Lite on it without a fan. I can fire up my brothers rig with the Volcano and totally drown out all noise from the other two computers.

Right now if I had to pick one cooler out of all that I have tested. I would probably install the Noctua cooler I just reviewed. If space is tight then I would probably go back to the Ultra X-Wind 120MM version.

Thanks. thing is i dun care about looks the beetle looks a bit goofy but who cares if it keeps my computer running cool right?

ill look into the ones you mentioned as well. What should i be looking for in the specs, because i wanna make sure i keep my computer as cool as possible... i will be putting 2 8800's GTX in my computer so i cant be to much a stickler when it comes 2 sound ...

Also i would obviously need one for a CORE2DUO

Looking at this review, I would be very hesitant. Only getting a 3 degree drop in the load temp would tell me its not worth the $50 bucks.

Specs wise, as long as you make sure it fits your socket, and it also fits in your case should be the first two concerns. Once you know which ones you like you need to verify what temps people have been getting with them. I did a quick google search to find that one for the Beetle.

The Noctua cooler gave me a 11 degree drop at load with my rig and even beat the Ultra Chill Tec by a few degrees.

thats great. i was so set on the Beetle but if i know theres BETTER out there such as the Noctua cooler ill keep looking

the most important thing to me is not having to worry about over heating i wanna clock my 2.4 to a 3 and not ever have to think twice about my computer shutting off while playing CS:S or Dark messiah or n e game for that matter

Well overclocking on an air cooled rig is always touchy. So you definitely need to research coolers before moving forward. I havent stayed up on the C2D setups and how far they can push them on air. On the second cooler I mentioned, one good thing about it and even the similar style Zalman cooler. They cool the area around the CPU as well as the CPU. You can see in the second graph on my review that the X-Wind did in have the lowest MB temps of the two coolers.

Could you give me some links please

you were talking about this one ?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2353734&sku=ULT33186

I was just talking about this with my friend and he said this "youll be able to stable oc it 3.5 with the stock fan" kinda was blown away by this... can n e 1 verify this?

This review shows the results of the Ultra X-Wind, Ultra Chill Tec, and the Noctua coolers against the stock AMD fan.

Vs amd were talking about Intel ... fans are different also none of those are core 2 again diffrent fans.

i do like how the X wind does keep it VERY cool tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information