Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Mod/ kit/would you buy if it existed?

Lamborghini Mod/ kit/would you buy if it existed?

Hello modders. This pole is just a what if pole. What if there was a kit that you could buy that would allow you to make your side panel open and close much like a Lamborghini door.

In my "BIG RED" posting I mentioned one of my planed mod's was to possibly make the side panel open much like a DeLorean. After doing a lot of thinking and looking for the kinds of parts I would need to do the job I came up with a better idea. Lambo!!!! So tell me what you think. I don't have the how yet, but time will tell. I know I haven't seen anything like that done, and if I saw a universal kit that I could get I just might.

Master Modder

now that has to be the best idea i have heard in ages! wicked defo gotta do that matey would be wick to see

now that has to be the best idea i have heard in ages! wicked defo gotta do that matey would be wick to see
    I know im all giddy with Excitement lol!
    And it could be Moterized / Pneumatic

good idea JeepGuy, tho.. how much would it cost? if we look for normal cars..
    with look I meant.. I think it's called scizzor doors, not sure tho but it WOULD look cool too

P.S.
    I would rather mount some explosives to open the door, would be faster (if I felt suicide-like :P)

Price would have to be realistic. No one even myself would pay more than $50ish.It would all depend on what version you wanted. One version may be operated by a hydraulic/pneumatic piston. That I would think would be cheaper than the DC 12v version W/ power open/close W/ manual over ride "No power" I saw case with a piston of some sort that held the side panel open.

It's not something I would buy, I never liked those door's that much anyways.

that would be really cool. i'd love that thing

Wet Sanded

I've already seen a case with them - it's just thin hinges and if you want a locking mechanism. It looked good on the case, but I wouldn't get it for mine. I don't like the doors very much except for the wow factor on cars.

that would be really cool. I'd love that thing
    Cool,and deadly!,Dose the blade on the right side of your case spin?If not, what if you motorized it???

I've already seen a case with them - it's just thin hinges and if you want a locking mechanism. It looked good on the case, but I wouldn't get it for mine. I don't like the doors very much except for the wow factor on cars.
    I respect your opinion, and thanks. This design would not have a hinge. It would have a shaft that would be mounted to the door. That shaft would travel out the side the door is on and then the shaft would rotate clockwise. My point for the pol is that this is something that I may do. If I can do it well I would have no problem showing how it was done. If I had to make parts that would be all custom then is would be hard for fellow modders to replicate. If I designed the parts to build it then I could have the parts made for more. Just a thought..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information