Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Zorro

Project Zorro

Hello another mod for me, i shouldnt really start another one but the others need more money than mine lol!

Well i have a zorro case i have had this case for years and now im starting to get bored of looking at it the way it is now! i plan to do quite alot to it, but shouldnt cost me lots of money, only the paint, im not sure which colour im going with yet but i will sure let ya know when i know! And of course there will be more pics of this!

Well this is what the case used to look like when i first bought it, but now its missing the front panel!

im going to try and do a rough drawing of what i want it to look like!

Project Zorro

Ok so i done a quick drawing in paint, Better than paint shop pro for straight lines and stuff!

I havent explained exactly what im doing to all the case, but the bits of frosted plexi will have a different colour light going thru the sides, and a couple of small holes for the hd light and power light to come thru, and im thinking of having all the plexi able to be pushed forwards for the power switch!

Comments And So On Welcomed!

Master Modder

Project Zorro

intresting.......

Master Modder

Project Zorro

Glad to hear you're getting into another mod. Great, keep us informed and Happy Modding to ya.

Project Zorro

You'll need to get some cooling for the external HDD too

Project Zorro

i plan on making it so that i can take it in and out, because i have to use it at the minute cuz i dnt av the net at mine and the only way to transfer the pics of my projects is thru my external, i will see what happens when i get to that stage if i actually decide on doing it, but if someone could help me out incase i do, what should i use to intergrate it into my case?

Thanks For The Advice!

Project Zorro

Ok people i have an update with pics!!!

This is the side which has no window, but im putting a window into it, so its taped off ready for cutting soon!

This is the window side, im thinkin of cutting the design out of this and making my own on plexi

This is what my front looks like, damaged to hell lol!

All the excess wiring not needed, they are the usb and sound ports for the front, but iv never used them and the usb ports are broke!

I measured the front on the plexi and taped it off where i need to cut

Unfortunately the power switch was made into the case so i cant remove it

This is my reset switch i am now using it as my power switch and had to tape it off so that it didnt touch the metal of my case!

Well thats all for now not much realli but it gives you an idea!

Comments And So On Welcomed!

Happy Modding To All!

Master Modder

Project Zorro

i have one thing to say....u can use that power switch! you can use ur dremel and cut it of with that, member like i did for lukes computer?? oh and anouther thing some good ideas coming on eh? u guna frost ur side window?

Project Zorro

Yea i kno ya can cut it out, but its not the type of switch i want for what im doing, im not sure bout frosting the side plexi yet, im goin to see what happens when i get to it!

Happy Modding To All!

Master Modder

Project Zorro

Any momentary switch will work for you. I have gotten mine from Radio Shack or you can go to any electronics store. Happy Modding to ya.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information