Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You got to be kidding!!!!

You got to be kidding!!!!

I was told something the other day that just pissed me off… A vendor had said that “modders are not hardware enthusiast”....

Read my rant here.

So my core2 X6800, 2G Ram, Dual 7900GTX, Raided Raptors, isn't an enthusiast rig? Also note that Austin Modders won the OC contest at Quakecon in 2005, and will win again in 2007

To go out on a limb pissing someone off, that vendor was clueless....75% of modded PC's are built for gaming, and are tweaked for performance. Not enthusiasts?! Shame on you!

Master Modder

that does take the piss...

Incredible ... I would venture to say that the first modding ever done, was specifically for hardware, to improve the performance

Pardon my French but, What an ignorant ****twit he is. Everything in your article is completely true and I agree 100% with your take on the subject. The ignorance of people in tech is breathtaking now-a-days

A quote from AF's journal thingy
    "you know how people like to take their cars or older cars and hot-Rod them by painting them and adding flashy stuff, THAT’S case modding. It allows people to be creative with computers and add personal touches to them. Sometimes these cases can go to the extreme side of not even being inside of a standard case, but most modders take what they now have and have fun."

One doesnt need to buy stuff to be an enthusiast, One just needs to take what they have and have fun.

Damn right :-)

OMG!!!....

If ignorance is bliss... then this guy must own a ****in theme park!

=)

OMG!!!....

If ignorance is bliss... then this guy must own a ****in theme park!

=)
    ( Curtains open ) Enter, Corporate America... :roll:

And they don't care either as long as the cash flow is stable - Next year when the same company is hurting a little they will be doing a "Case Design" contest ( or similar - calling all modders ! ) and changing the rules weekly ( Intel ) all for a chance to win, what?

Like this mess -----

http://www.intelchallenge.com/

A quote from AF's journal thingy
    "you know how people like to take their cars or older cars and hot-Rod them by painting them and adding flashy stuff, THAT’S case modding. It allows people to be creative with computers and add personal touches to them. Sometimes these cases can go to the extreme side of not even being inside of a standard case, but most modders take what they now have and have fun."

One doesnt need to buy stuff to be an enthusiast, One just needs to take what they have and have fun.

Damn right :-)
    I agree, even tho I'm not a real modder yet.. (hopefully I'll be someday )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information