Thread: GOin to be modding ...

GOin to be modding ...

well recently i gotten ahold of one them there eVga 680i Mbs . and from day 1 i been running water cooling on it . i currently using a DD maze4 chipset block on it . ( absolutly perfect combo i may add ) . so since summer coming back , i decided its time to complete a case mod i started just before winter hit last year ( its the Inwin full Tower case ) needless to say that peticular mod changed . i have to reacomidate it for larger video cards ( originally i was making a inverted mb style ) ... ok enough of the Background stuff . since my orignal plans went to hell i am goin to use air cooling in this case . heres the up and coming mod . i am goin to use a Zalman VF700 gpu cooler and mod it to fit the 680i North bridge located Here mainly because i know how hot the nb gets . stay tuned for more modding ....

GOin to be modding ...

Hmm this should be interesting .

GOin to be modding ...

i realize this an old topic but i did get that cooler to work and it worked perfectly brought temps from the 60's full load to 30's but i had the older tr version of the board and my bios got corrupted killing the board with no way of rma'n it ( i purchased it from a friend ... )

Clear Coat

GOin to be modding ...

order a new bios chip off the internet? I know a lot of the boards have removable cmos chips.

GOin to be modding ...

Let's see some Pimp Pictures of this Modding

GOin to be modding ...

Let's see some Pimp Pictures of this Modding
    i still have the board but the cooler is on my dads 7600gt . i gave up on the 680i board all together being the heat out put of the nb and the lil gain i did get wasnt enough for me to seek replacement or attempting to fix it . the gigabyte p965 s3 smokes the 680i tr in overclocking and is equal in performance . but it did look cool tho ..

Thread Information