Thread: Filter's

Filter's

Right now I have a filter on my pc but its bogging my fans down alot, because it's too thick, I've been trying to find something to use as a filter that keeps out the dust(I live on a dirt road and we get alot of fine dust)

I was thinking of going to the store and getting pantyhose to use as a filter, but I wanna see what you guy's suggest first.

Master Modder

Filter's

I don't use filters, that means that I have to take the time out to clean all computers in the house at least every other month. I just installed the new Heatsink and Fan from Ultra on Red Lantern and it was due for a cleaning and that was one of the reason's I didn't install it sooner. It's a real pain keeping 4-5 computers clean on a regular basis. So it's one of those things, damned if you don't and damned if you do. If you want full air flow, then no filters and collect dirt. You don't want dirt, then run filters and cut back on air flow. Your choice to make. I made my choice and now it's your turn, Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Filter's

yup em3 has a very good point but...if u do want to use a filter other then the one ur using, u can normaly find a type of filter lying around ur house to be honest, or sumtimes ive noticed, that when u buy new tools......there is a brillant filter u can use in them! and yea its enough to cover at least 5 fans so could be worth lookin into that maybe?? have you looked on ebay?? thats always a gd place for cheap but decent stuff hope that helps ya matey

Filter's

Well that's why i'm thinking of using pantyhose, they arent thick, but the fibers are close enough to prevent the dust(or a majority of it).

And without the filters I have to clean my 2 computers out every week(unless the roads have been wet), and cleaning both is a pain because on my gateway the side panel wont go on right and will pop off, and the other case I need a crowbar just to get it open(and Im not kidding either)

I'm just wondering if anyone knew any other alternative's to a thick filter.

Edit: and yeah, i've tried those foam things too, but like my current filter they are too thick.

Master Modder

Filter's

damn a crowbar?? lol that is abit of a pain....erm what about a cloth??? you know a dish cloth the ones with loads of holes in, there thin and so on....duno where you would get one in ur town though im in the uk ya see...

Filter's

if hear of filters made by cutting a sponge into thirds. not sure if it works. most fan filters are mesh, so it would be easy to recreat one.

Wet Sanded

Filter's

Switch to water cooling em3. No compensations to make there. MUAHAHAH I Am tHe Mad GenIus Of thIs GroOp!

Thread Information