Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any recommended guides in planning a case mod?

Any recommended guides in planning a case mod?

I'm kinda stuck in what I want from my next case mod, does anyone know of guides in planning case mods? Thanks in advance

Master Modder

wel...think about your intrest's are your intrested in dragons, cars, a particalr game?? then design the theme of your case around that....or you could just put them altogether, rack ur brain and jot down loads of ideas on a bit of paper and think about what you truly want, that way you will get a beautiful finsh when you have done your mod, and also you get the big wow of everyone and also you can gloat when people say nice pc! hehe i do lol be proud of it so make sure u design it well my friend,

hope that helps ya!
    laters

Thanks for the heads-up.

What's your opinion of using software such as photoshop to lay out plans or is that beingover-exuberant?

Master Modder

erm, well to be honest im better at drawing out my plans so i dont use photo shop but im sure you can props get good results from photoshop, i have seen people use it before so ye if you dont think oyu have the skill to draw it out on paper, then go for it in photo shop,
    you cant ever be over exuberant about modding your computer!!

laters

I just realized there's a whole subforum on guides here!

That's what happens when one doesn't visit Modders-Inc as often as they should! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Master Modder

yep ur are right there, suppose i should of pointed u in that direction lol

Im glad razer introduced me to modders-inc, When i done my first mod i never knew anything about it and certainly didnt know what to do, i didnt plan anything or write or draw anything, i jus let my head do it all!

But We hope to see some pics if your case gets going!

Happy Modding To All!

Photoshop or GIMP can really help to get an idea of how the final mod will look and let you play around with different ideas before you actually start modding. It's also a lot easier to change something in photoshop if you decide you don't like the look than it is to sand down several layers of paint and start over :wink:

the downside is that it's easy to get so caught up in tweaking the design of the mod that you end up never actually building it.

another great program is Google Sketch Up. you can design the lay out in 3-D complete with measurements to make sure everything will fit correctly, then import your photoshop work and apply it as overlays on the 3-D case design.

Master Modder

btw.....heres a good guide on how to spray shiney style!!

http://www.modders-inc.com/ftopict-1389-.html

A few things I do before I start one of my personal mods is to look at different aspects.

1. As mentions what is floating your boat for a theme. I have about 4 mods in planning stage right now and one I am in the middle of. At the moment I am doing a Green Lantern mod because it would be nice with Green Lighting. I also have plans for a Lamborghini Diablo, Donnie Darko Killing Time, Silver Surfer and a Star Wars Architecture Mod.

2. What medium is floating your boat? Right now I am having fun with Powder coating and polished Aluminum (I just polished up a Technics 1200 Turntable).

3. What can I afford?

4. Am I going for cool, quiet or just looks?

5. Who am I doing the mod for. Why just mod for yourself. I mod for many. Hell I mod for money.

6. Where is the system going to be at. Will your project go with your desk? WGlowing pipes of goo do not always match a fine oak desk. Will it match your LCD, Mouse and KB. The look does not stop at the exterior of the case. BTW we should have a desk modding contest.

7. Can you commission art work for Dye-Sublimation. I have talked to one of the most famous artist in the Star Wars Realm of concept artist and can possibly get a one of a kind commissioned piece to put on a case for around $1000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information