Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: zalmans........

Master Modder

zalmans........

ok people help is wanted now! over the weekend i was at a lan party, my computer was on a full load most of the time, it sat at 50c!!!! and on no load it sat around 40c!! also.....lol this is kinda funny.....there was a fan next to my computer, we switched it of as we thought it was makin to much noise...guess what nutin happend it was my computer!!! yep, im not one who likes a noisy machine so im lookin into getting some quite but decent heatsink coolers, now i no that the bigger the heatsink the better that it gets rid of the heat from the cpu, but i dont really know which one to get, atm i have a standered fx-64 heatpipe cooler, its rubbihs to be honest so some help on ideas of which would be the best heatsink and fan to get for my computer, i have around £50 to spend on it, maybe more but if i can get it less thats a bonus , btw the heatsink will be cooling a AMD 64 x2 duel core 4600, well hope the modders around me can help

heres some things i have looked at, there all of ebay lol i have no idea about cooling...so am very stuck which is best and also which is not loud lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AME WA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230114204291&rd=1&rd=1

and this one,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AME WA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170099019708&rd=1&rd=1

and this one aswel,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AME WA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130098693211&rd=1&rd=1

well more ideas of different heatsink are helpfull as well!! so hope someone out there can help out cheers all!

zalmans........

Well without knowing what the ambient temperature is, the 40 and 50 temps dont really tell anyone anything. None the less I would look at a Copper Heatsink setup. Out of the ones you listed the Zalman is the only one I would consider, but I would look at the copper version before going to the aluminum.

zalmans........

Yeah, out of the ones you have listed, I would go for the Zalman as well, however the AC Freezer64 is supposed to be a good bang for the buck cooler.

Master Modder

zalmans........

I would look at the copper version before going to the aluminum.
    why he copper version?? which one is better lol, copper or aluminum?? i duno you see.... thanks tho!

zalmans........

copper will take the heat more if im correct? (correct me if im wrong) and ali wil heat up more than copper!

Hope thats of help to lol

Happy Modding To All!

zalmans........

yes, copper dissipates heat better, but just because a cooler is made of copper doesn't make it automatically better than an aluminum one. I currently use the Thermalright SI-128 and it does an awesome job and its aluminum

zalmans........

The same cooler design copper vs aluminum, copper one should cool better, but will also be a lot heavier.

zalmans........

Yea true but what i was tryin to say is that copper wud take it more than ali would and ali might hold up well to, i mean i dont kno cuz i aint got a fast enough machine to have a decent cooler n things lol, mines only a amd athlon 1.8ghz i think and a 128mb radeon card cant remember what series

Happy Modding To All!

zalmans........

I must add to this1 as I own the 9500LED
    it's silent and works fine, tho, it's good if you blow some air through the copper sheets will get dusty fast (believe me :P lol)

my CPU runs on temps at like 36degrees C when I'm hosting a server and playing CS:S

and Tazz, the copper one is hevier than aluminium one but it disspates heat alot better than alu

so if I were you, I'd take 9500 one (again :P lol)

just my opinion..

~Dex

zalmans........

zalman 9500 FTW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information