Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating a Paint Color

Creating a Paint Color

Greetings everyone,

I am starting up a case mod (my first big project) and in need of some advice. My main concern right now is the painting of the case. The original case for this project is the A-Top Gladiator.

I am wanting to paint the outside of the case a dark green and the inside a deep blue with UV blue paint on top of the base color (of which ever base color would bring out the blue light best). I am still undecided what color I want to paint the front plate, mesh and "wings". I am hoping to get a dragon cut into the front plate of the case, but I am unsure of my graphical cutting skills :? I intend to cut an equal design shown in the above picture on the opposite side of the case as well as a rectangular window on the top.

Anyways, back to my question :wink: the color I want to achieve for the outside of the case is the dark green, however I can't find a green that is the right color. The only greens I have found so far is green, slate green, and lime / fluorescent green. Is there any possible way to mix spay-paints to create the color I am going for, or is mixing only possible in canned paint? Thanks in advance.

-Shiv v^_^

Creating a Paint Color

Mixing is only possible with non-aerosol paints.

Wet Sanded

Creating a Paint Color

I'm going to go ahead and agree with tazz's definitive statement here, but add that if you want to experiment, maybe you could get a can of lighter and one of darker shades, and spray them on at the same time. The color probably wont be uniform though.

Another suggestion would be to buy canned paints that you can use in a compressed air paint sprayer, and mix them and use that.

Creating a Paint Color

I see, thanks for the help and suggestion =)

-Shiv v^_^

Creating a Paint Color

May I recommend powder coating the inside while we are at it. Much tougher!

Creating a Paint Color

This is not true! - Duplicolor makes a product called Omni Fill as do others that is for charging aerosol cans..
    Most autobody paint supply store have them and they will put what ever you want mixed in a can for under 15$ for the first one..

Dulicolor Omni Fill

Sorry - Tazz 8-)

Creating a Paint Color

Ooo, that sounds nice. I will have to check that out. Thank you for the help once again =)

-Shiv v^_^

Wet Sanded

Creating a Paint Color

Damn Tazz, you got shut down. You gonna take that? Lol.

Creating a Paint Color

This is not true! - Duplicolor makes a product called Omni Fill as do others that is for charging aerosol cans..
    Most autobody paint supply store have them and they will put what ever you want mixed in a can for under 15$ for the first one..

Dulicolor Omni Fill

Sorry - Tazz 8-)
    Well at least when I get PWND! I get it done right. Cool, I have not seen this nor heard of it, but what the hey I live in a hick town . Anyways I am very curious to how easily one could get this done? I have not seen anything on this at any of the big towns around me. I am also very curious as to what the charge for such a process is, I got a feeling it would probably be at least a 25% to 35% increase on the price of a can.

None the less, thanks for correcting me Protek.

Creating a Paint Color

Never really meant it to come out like that. :lol:

I live literally in the middle of know where too. I can barely get spray paint that is any good!

But the paint store right down the street has a machine similar to the one I linked from Dupli Color but more industrial of course.

It cost about 12$ to 15$ for the first can and like 7$ or 8$ after that, and they will put what ever in it.. Primer, Mixed color or Clear..

It's really one of those things you have to ask about in the stores, thats how I found out about it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information