Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need advice on case cooling

need advice on case cooling

Hi everyone i need your help in choosing the right cooler

Ahh temprature in india(delhi) is rising it aint just start of summer but the temprature is soaring high(40 degrees celsius)already i think my pc will roast when it climbs even futhur whith just stock settings..... i wanted to know the cheapest way to keep the temprature of my cpu down and no my cpu isnt overclocked.... so please help me in what to do.....

thanks in advance.....

happy modding to all....

You can use a peltier. throw it in lower places if you have any, shade is good, keep your windows closed, air conditioner would be nice in the house.

As far as i know that could be the best you can do, i guess you could create a closed, air conditioned environment, but that may cost more than you want it to.

Wet Sanded

They put a lot of heat off of the back and ones designed for cpus I've never seen cheap.
    If you want to inexpensively cool it, upgrade your heatsink will cost around $50. If you want to do water cooling, it's very effective and will run around 100-150 for an inexpensive setup.

In all reality, cooling your case/components (unless you are using phase-change) is affected by your ambient room tempature. You bascially just want to keep a good amount of air flowing through the case.

Water cooling might actually not be the best idea in a hot environment. If you think about it, water-cooling requires that air from the room be pushed through a radiator and in essence cooling the water running through it. This is all based on the presumption that the air out side is "cool". If you compuiter is in a room that gets very hot and you don't have some sort of A/C unit to keep that room at least mildly cool, then you will find that water cooling won't work all that great.

As I said, the best option imo would be to get a good amount of airflow through out the case so that you can at least keep the heat from "building up" inside the case.

Master Modder

Soulmege is right about the water cooling because it is going to be the temp of your room. He's also right about the need of keeping a good air flow thru out the case. If you don't have air conditioning in your room then the purchase of a very good heatsink and fan and good air flow is about the best your going to get. Keep the case out of the sun and in the shade also keeping the air flow in your room will help keep the temps down also. Good luck and Happy Modding to ya.

Ah yes, thermal dynamics. We all know that hot wants to be where it is cool, we can use that to your advantage!
    As a person who doesn't have AC I know it can get very hot (I live in sunny Calif) But my solution is a unique one, to be sure. What I did to my last computer was to open it up, both sides (Its a mix of water, and air cooling, sorry no pics dont have a digital camera) and place a big old regular square fan next to the opening. The computer and fan sits right next to the window, so the hot air is sucked out by the fan to the outside from the inside of the computer, (Thus making room cooler) and makes the comptuer cool to. Total investment, 15 dollars! (For the large fan) Hope that helps!

Wet Sanded

Guys, there are fans on the radiators. Hot air moving quickly = cool air. Cool air + water = cool water.

well, if you can get a cheap, tiny fridge, have drill holes in it and have your water cooling radiator inside it, that'll keep your computer cool, but not very energy efficient (not sure how much energy a small fridge would cost to operate)

Hmmmm.... That gives me an idea, why not just build a computer INSIDE a mini bar fridge?
    You could have a peice of plex to seperate out the soda/food/snacks with silicon and just mod up some output slots and silcon that up so coldness /water doesn't get in there. That would be your real only concern water vapor getting inside where your rig is. You would almost have to vacum suck the air out too, becuase air holds some moister... But still its a good idea. That would be kinda neat, have your rig next to monitor (inside your fridge) you wouldnt have to get up to get soda! Neat o! I wonder if any one has tried this?

Master Modder

The water in a tank will be room temp if just sitting there but you add a pump to move the water it will be cooler but if you run the water over something hot then the water in the tank will increase the temp to a point, so you won't be getting your water to much cooler than your room temp. That is how I'm understanding the cooling cycle. If I'm wrong please explain to me where I'm being mistaken. Happy Modding to ya.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information