Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my new project no name yet

my new project no name yet

hey everyone.I havent posted in awhile but i got a new project that i am working on.today when i was taking the trash i found a very old AT Full tower case with mobo,psu,hdd and floppy in it in the trash.but that has all been pulled out.and i am working on converting it from a AT to a ATX I have been it before and it turned out great.So far the plan is to do a case swap from my mid tower to the full tower.This is going to take awhile to do until i get paid Fri. for stuff.This case is so big i dont know what to do to it.So if yall can give me some ideas i would like that.Here are some pictures.Tell me what yall think and some of yall ideas.
    I want to paint the outside black and the inside green,Put a fan in the front and smooth everything in the front with bondo and put a fan on the top maybe two.Ill keep yall updated when i get more work done on it

Master Modder

It is a tall one, that's for sure. What are your hobbies besides modding computers, your favorite shows, movies, things like that. How old are you? Do you have a Dremel or something on that order for cutting the area out for the ATX I/O shield? When we get the answers to these questions then we may have something to go on for coming up with some ideas that you might like. What kind of setup are you going to be putting into this unit? Happy Modding to ya.

wow that is a BIG case! Sorry i don't have any good ideas on what you can do with it since we need more info.

Hey em3bilko, I do have a Dremel the model # of it is xpr 400.I am 21.Beside modding computers is working on my truck.I have a 99 chevy s10 that is lowered and i am making it into a show truck.Maybe that will help you

Clear Coat

I have seen lots of awesome mods with a car theme... maybe make it a paired project to match your truck... similar paint-job hood scoop here and there..... all sorts of things.

Master Modder

Well with that piece of info I can only come up with one idea based on the one answer of your truck. You could do a theme build about your truck but I really don't know how you would go about that, besides that case is almost as big as your truck. Do you have any trophys? If you do then maybe a trophy case. Some more information about yourself and your hobbies would help. Do you have any hobbies? What is your favorite movie. Maybe a case based on your favorite movie character. Happy Modding to ya.

you could make a model of your car

Only thing is that you won't be able to use that case lol

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2004/08/20/hummer_pc/1.html

http://www.stormeren.dk/article_view.php?id=63

http://pcrides.com/

hmm now that i think of it i may try it myself lol

well i got a small update.I cut the back out and add the new back in.I got everything primed but the front pannel i am working on it with bondo.I got all three windows cut out i just got to add window molding and put the plexiglass in.Tell me what yall think and give me some more ideas what else i can add.Here are some pictured.

Thanks
    Mad_mod_man

Master Modder

I used to own a case where the cover was all one piece like yours. I've never liked my cover like that and have thought about making gull wing covers for my computer. I have never gotten around to doing it but have seen pics of people who have done it. Maybe fixing your pc to have gull wings with the add of a piano hinge. Seeing you have cut your windows already it should be no problem while you have it disassembled already. Happy Modding to ya.

hey thats i good idea I am going to look into doing that.Thanks em3bilko

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information