Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Sound Card?

Dead Sound Card?

Hello everyone,
    I ordered two sounds cards about a month ago and they were both OEM so I got no manual/box. These are the first sound cards I've ever gotten and I really want to install it now (been extremely busy recently, thus, the 1 month time from when I got it and this post.) So, what I do is I turn off the PSU and plug the card into the slot (that's it.) Then I boot my pc up and it doesn't even detect the card! I'm trying to run a creative card on this computer and it just isn't working.
    Is there something I have to do before hte card drivers detect that a card is installed? Do I need to uninstall motherboard sound drivers...? Do I have to connect some cable? I've looked online for guides but it seems that it SHOULD be plug and play. I apologize if this is extremely basic, I could really use help though.

This is the model name of the card. (Somewhere below in that line of text.)
    //This is the card name. Creative Sound Blaster SB0610VP 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Audigy 4 SE Sound Card - OEM

// Here is a picture of the card http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/directron_1947_1130631592

Thank you very much,

Locust

Dead Sound Card?

You might be having an issue with the onboard sound. Look through your BIOS until you find something that will enable/disable your on board sound. I wish I could tell you were but they all seem to list them in different places, but it might be on the same screen where you configure your USB ports, Fire Wire and other onboard items. Also try putting the sound card in another PCI slot as sometimes there are conflicts with other items.

Dead Sound Card?

Sometimes you need to install the drivers before it picks it up. I know it sounds strange but it has happened to me before.

Dead Sound Card?

Grr. I disabled hte onboard sound in bios and removed the onboard sound through the device manager and booted the pc up with the card in it. I ran two different driver files that I found online and both of them said that they couldn't detect the correct sound card :. Could anyone help me find the right drivers? I'm finding it hard to believe I got it wrong but if I did and you could help me get hte correct drivers for the card listed above, please help.

Thanks again,

Locust

Master Modder

Dead Sound Card?

well, one program you can try is the driverguide toolkit, its a smart little program from www.driverguide.com it ent free though but it is free to detect what is in the system and it might be able to pick up your sound card, that way you can then find the model number make and so on.....hope this helps

Dead Sound Card?

If that doesn't work i'd suggest RMAing the cards.

Master Modder

Dead Sound Card?

Install the drivers by way of the Hardware Manager and when it ask where to go to locate the drivers click on the area that says Have Disk. Just follow the instructions. Hope you get it working and Happy Modding to ya.

Dead Sound Card?

*Goes crazy* The drivers just RANDOMLY found the card hahahaha! So now, everything is working. I have no idea what htat was all about, I just kept trying things, restarting, running software, repeating that ;P.

Thanks so much for the help, I can finally use 5.1

Master Modder

Dead Sound Card?

Glad to hear that you have it up and running. Happy Modding to ya.

Dead Sound Card?

Ugh haha, now in ventrilo when there's any background noise *even if it's someone else talking* it sounds like there's an airplane flying by. However when I record using sound recorder and the test button in ventrilo I don't hear any of what they're hearing, I hear the music and myself but none of the loooouud!!! static.

FIXED.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information