Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The unpacking continues... but plans are a'brewin....

The unpacking continues... but plans are a'brewin....

You can kinda make out my workbenches in some of those pics

*This*.... is going to take a little while!

We are about done with the intial round of boxes in the house, next I get to sort through all of this and bring in round 2 and get the rest of the boxes up in to the attic.

I also need ot get my "play boxes" (the units that Iuse for testing cuts or painting on) up into the attic in the garage.

but this is just part of the story.

BOSS has been giving me fits the last few weeks. So, it is getting ready to be gutted, and shelved. Abrupt power off's, freezing performance, it already ate my last 1GB set of Ballistix Tracers (RMA'd back and I have the replacement set), disk controller errors in the event log... so I will gut the RAM/CPU/video/sound and wireless networking card... and build my next rig. I've already purchased a matching evga 7900GTX 512MB card on eBay (steal of a deal) and to completely tip off where I am going, I picked up a DangerDen NV78 SLI set of waterblocks.

I have a Corsair Nautilis in the garage, and will be likely purchasing a 350 or 355 from Swiftech.

Dual water loops... it's going to be fun! One for the CPU and possibley the chipset, and then the other for the SLI'd 7900GTX cards. I don't know how much of a mod it will turn in to, that WHOLEY depends on how fast I can uncover my tools and my work benches. different collors for each loop. Dunno if I am going to dye the water, or if I am going to dye the tubing... just dont know yet.

too early in the game to say for sure.... but I dropped $$$$ this weekend on the 2nd video card and the NV78 blocks.... so watercooling is coming to my world whether I mod or not!

Master Modder

Awesome to see that garage, it looks similar to mine. I had mine packed with stuff on my house purchase that fell thru at the last moment. So mine looks like that today because I went to the house in VA and don't have the room to put it into this house so it's still packed and in the garage. Now you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I bet with seeing the end now, you are having ideas come to mind as you work with unpacking boxes to put away here and there. So congrats on the up coming build. Happy Modding to ya.

Did you move recently? lol. I'm about to do the same here in less than a month, but with only a carload worth of stuff I don't think i'll have all of those boxes. :P

that is 6 years worth of crap from a house that contained 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs, a cat, a gerbil and a fish...

I'm sure it wasn't the fish's fault for this :P
    lol jk

LOL!!!
    Yeah... there used to be two fish... but one was not pulling his own weight on the move, and had to be made an example of. My other fish has snapped to attention and is being much more helpful....

Must be the gerbils fault as I suspected.

Must be the gerbils fault as I suspected.
    I suppose they like to hide in small dark places so tech-daddy made then an exxxxtra big playground
    lol

Yeah, my parents are in the process of cleansing our garage from a similar state, so we have kind of a garage/yard hybrid right now. It's good, because I'm finding tons of old crap that I can use for modding (pieces of metal, glass, birds, tile, whatever).

... I'm finding tons of old crap that I can use for modding (pieces of metal, glass, birds, tile, whatever).
    Birds? .... LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information