Thread: A new mod but no ideas

Master Modder

A new mod but no ideas

Well, here is the situation. Since I have put Switchboard into service it has taken the place of the setup I had in one of my Ultra cases that I picked from Fry's for free after getting the rebate back, which has happened if any body wants to know. Ultra stood up to the plate and delivered what they said they would do. So since this case is available I decided to replace the computer my mother is using because she has complained about the way her power button doesn't work very well, also she's running a 500mhz Slot 1 Intel. I'm putting in the MS-Blue Ultra case a Asus mobo with a AMD 1800XP. So right now as I type her new setup is being formatted. Then on goes the OS and the programs that she wants and then I'll swap the two computers. Now I bet you know what is next. Yes, that's right a new mod and I don't have the foggiest idea of what to do and I thought I would see what kind of ideas that might come up if I posted on MI. So that is mission, if you decide to accept it or not. This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds. I hope you don't believe everything that you read. The other Ultra case is being modded next because it has 4x5.25" drive bays and Red Lantern had 3, 2 are being used by the lantern and 1 is for the DVD drive. So my gaming machine is going into the Black Ultra case and it will be modded while in use, such as the side panel will be modified while the computer is used. Then at the same time I want to work on the case that I will be getting when I replace my mother's PC. This case will house the system that Switchboard replaced and it's the one with the 2800XP Barton Core. So just take your time I'm in no hurry. I just wanted to let you know that a new mod is in the picture for me and though that it might be fun to see what everyone could think of for me. Happy Modding to ya.

Wet Sanded

A new mod but no ideas

Took me a few times to get this right:
    You have:
    Switchboard
    RL
    MS Ultra Blue (Asus/1800XP)
    Ultra Black (Gaming Rig)
    Mom has:
    Unknown Case (Slot 1 Intel)

And the plan is to switch your Blue Ultra with her Case, then mod the case you got and your black ultra.. Right? And the 2800XP Barton Core rig that was replaced by Switchboard will go into the Unknown Case?

Just after doing all that I have an idea. Call it "The Unknown Case" and make it crazy with high contrast colors and uv and optical illusions and stuffs. Now that sounds like my kind of mod.

What other things do you like besides classics and trains? (yeah, I said it - the standard question for giving mod ideas.)

Master Modder

A new mod but no ideas

The Ultra Black will get what is inside Red Lantern my gaming machine and Red Lantern will get the XP2800 Barton Core. The case I get from my mother will be the Unknown and doesn't have anything to put into it. Who knows I might sell it, if the offer is good. Now for other things that I like, let's see the last thing that I did that I've done before because it was fun was to go to N. Carolina to hunt for precious stones. That's right I'm a rock hound, I also have a rock polisher. I like Nascar, watch it as much as possible. Hot Rods, like a 1932 Ford lowboy. Before my accident I like to hunt, fish, collect Black Powder weapons and build some of them, I use to raise tropical fish to supply the local fish store (had 20 tanks). Hope that will help. Happy Modding to ya.

Wet Sanded

A new mod but no ideas

Can do a black powder model rifle with the red hdd light in the barrel.

Master Modder

A new mod but no ideas

That one I'll have to think about for awhile. I'm still thinking about it. Happy Modding to ya.

A new mod but no ideas

You could make: (although totally unrelated to you and your interests) an aquatic computer, with dials from boat stores and caution tape-style paint and navy gray (or a wood boat style if that works better). Either way dials are good. Another idea would be a calculus themed case with chalkboard-finish paint, the kind that makes whatever you spray a chalkboard, as well as a side window with alpha, beta, etc symbols etched out. Just a few mods that I would like to do but don't have the time or recources for.

Master Modder

A new mod but no ideas

I have decided to use this case for my son-in-law's Christmas present and he's into the Star War's Saga. Haven't decided on what to make it into yet but at least I have a direction to go now. I'm thinking about a radio pack from a scene of the rebel forces on the the planet that was all ice when Luke Skywalker had to crawl inside of his steed to survive the night. I'll have to get the movie out and watch it to get a screen shot of if. Happy Modding to ya.

A new mod but no ideas

You mean the battle of Hoth? Good Idea, although there are a lot of radio backpack mods. I would say maybe a gun turret mod, there don't seem to bee too many of those.

You could also make the at-at:

However, that would take some serious time and skill.
    You seem to be busy with your rack-mount mod right now, so whatever. Hooray for posting on semi-dead threads!

Master Modder

A new mod but no ideas

There is a member that has started a mod of the AT-AT. I believe it's on the back burner also. I'll give you a hint of you it is. His initials are AF. So I would want to step on anyone's mod if you know what I mean. I'll be working on my son-in-laws computer case as parts come in. I have the hinges and clasps for closing the doors, next will be getting some plexy glass for it. Happy Modding to ya.

Thread Information