Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: B2 Bomber ..... Questions

Project: B2 Bomber ..... Questions

I created this wish list a little while ago.

GIGABYTE GA-965GM-S2 LGA 775 Intel G965 Express Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $106.99

Graphics Card

MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-OC GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Over Clock Edition HDCP Video Card - Retail $174.99

Processor :

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor $225.90

Power Supply:

Thermaltake W0106RU Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version 700W Power Supply 100 $169.99

Memory (i am getting two 1 GB sticks) :

Patriot eXtreme Performance 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory $157.98

Hard Drive:

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive $79.99

Combo drive (Cd-rom , cd-r, Cd-rw , dvd-rom) :

LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 1.5MB Cache SATA Combo Drive

Total so far is $941.83 8O i will be working my ass off this summer.
    let me know what i can improve and etc and i will consider water cooling just refer me to some good kits under $250.00 Also i will be building a base for it to hide the water cooling things and maybe power supply.

Depending on how accurate you want to be it'll be huge You could however make it so it looks like its in the proccess of being built (basically chopping the wings off and just using the main body of it.)

hmm i see what you mean lol i may pick another aircraft with a smaller wingspan but for now i need to know how i can start and what materials would be best to use. i am starting to like the F-18 Hornet

I'd go with a carrier based aircraft like the Hornet, because then you can have it so the wings fold.

As for material It depends on the layout and what you can afford.
    Though I think some sort of thin sheet metal would be the easiest because of how easy it is to shape into what you want. Its also easy to screw up too but metal is forgiving and can be fixed most of the time.(If you do follow this method make a wooden "model" that way you can lay the sheet metal on it and hammer it to the shape you need)

thanks for the info does anyone know the basic size of micro atx boards? that will help me alot.

Master Modder

9.5"x9.5" that is about right. Happy Modding to ya.

If ytou do decide to hand hammer this might be of use

Thanks for the tip. well since i had nothing to do I Made a cardboard model using my old computer parts i would take a picture but i can't since i lost my memory card . well once my cousin comes home i will take a pic probably. The bottom will be made out of wood and it will be covered in expandable foam called Great Stuff then i will sand it down and put latex primer on it and paint it. For the top it will be wood, foam, pvc, and plexi. My very unaccurate model wingspan is 2 feet + lol As for the power supply and the possible water cooling equipment their enclosure will look like a runway

here is the 3d model i will be using to help me

I was thinking about making the bomb bay contain the hard drive and combo drive but they may stay out permanently but maybe not i'm still trying to figure out how i will build this. i have seen the models of them online but they are really slim. the engine intakes will contain fans i'm just not sure what size. i need to find some sheets of styrofoam to mess around with.

Master Modder

For your engine fans get the Tornado's. I have 2 of them and when they are running they sound like a jet engine. They move somewhere around 110cfm of air. You'll have to tie down your model because it will take off. Happy Modding to ya.

The project would look nice - btw, will you make it Radar-invisible, and you should take care of the exhaust too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information