Thread: bios issue

bios issue

does anyone know how to get past a bios password? a friend of mine has a computer that is a bit old and he wants to add another HDD, reformat, and all that fun stuff the bios has a password that we cant get past and the place where it was made doesnt exist anymore. i am hoping that someone hear can give me some info on how to get past this

bios issue

reset cmos its a jumper on the motherboard that resets everything in the bios to stock settings.

bios issue

ummm ive instelled lots of harddrives and reformatted and never ben asked for a bios password.. but if it helps there are some programs out there you might also try clearing the cmos or removing the cmos battery. i really hope you arent trying to hack a stolen comp.

bios issue

ummm ive instelled lots of harddrives and reformatted and never ben asked for a bios password.. but if it helps there are some programs out there you might also try clearing the cmos or removing the cmos battery. i really hope you arent trying to hack a stolen comp.
    not to be an ass but i dought he is he says its a friends and this happens sometimes remember your gateway it was pass protected. until u removed the battery. u forgot your pass alot

bios issue

my paranioa is really kicking today lol

bios issue

Senior is right... change the Cmos jumper hit the start switch once and the n change it back.
    [i]*note - some Mobos only have solder pads, but with a paperclip you can jump them and use this trick*

bios issue

What bios does it have?

bios issue

If it is really old, remove the battery for a day or two...and POOF the pw is gone.

bios issue

Well I was going to say, some of the manufactors like dell and IMB have backdoors for forgotten bios passwords

Thread Information