Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna mod my case

Gonna mod my case

Dex, I'll do what ever I can to help you when your ready. I have use of a PC while I'm here and it's broadband. Hot dog!! What do you have that you are wanting to mod. I suppose the first question I should ask is, Do you have a digital camera? We all like photos. Do you have access to a store for automotive paint, bondo and clear coat? Just trying to get a feel of what you have to work with as far as being able to get supplies. What kind of tools to you have available to use also. Talk with you more later. Happy Modding to ya.
    Created a new thread I didn't want to spam the other one

here goes..

I wanna try and do some modding, I'm going to go and mod my case..
    wich is..

BA-01B-B-B without wheels

I've got my uncle to cut me a dragon in my side.. it's a lil.. well kinda small but ok :P

this is what's been made to my case already (damage?? :P)
    http://modders-inc.com/ftopict-1385-preparing.html

now.. I want to do some real modding, I have some parts but heh.. I might post up later (just came from the cinema, a lil tired ^_^

Any ideas what I could do more?

*EDIT*
    almost forgot..
    hmm what tools I have... dremels, plasma cutters, welding machines, compressor, not sure if bondo's the thing I can buy here (same as epoxy??), all kind of colours (mostly sprays for metal tho)
    ermm
    I've got ALOT of tools (at my dad's workshop XD) that I can use anytime I want to hehe..
    oh yeah, I won't mention soldering iron and that "usual" stuff...

P.S.
    we even have a chainsaw :twisted: lol

Gonna mod my case

You could cut out a top window and then put 2 120 mm LED fans in the acrylic. Would look nice I bet.

Gonna mod my case

I was (once) thinking about making my case like it's been spilled with somekind of acid... (only too look like that :P)

but I have absolutely no idea on how to do that...

Gonna mod my case

any ideas anyone?

Gonna mod my case

For a "melting metal" effect the easiest and most cost effective way that i can think of would be to slowly melt plastic then to paint it.(airbrush skills would help alot)

The only downside to this is that you'll need:
    extra plastic, If you cant find sheets of plastic at a hobby store(ones that sell comics and card games and things like that) I suggest using a model 1:45 scale airplane made by revell as the have a lot of good grade plastic.
    A way to melt the plastic slowly(do not use an open flame because that will cause it to catch fire).
    a steady hand and lots of time.

Master Modder

Gonna mod my case

melted plastic....hm that would be cool! just make sure u do it in a good aired placed....with a mask at that lol dont wana be getting them fumes in ya lungs....

Gonna mod my case

A while back a site i visited had customized models of things called "Zoids" and he had a few that he had made look like it was hit by some sort of high powered lazer. the sites still up but everything related to his models, including his tutorials have been taken down.

Anyways I was looking it up trying to get a picture of how it looks <.<

Master Modder

Gonna mod my case

Do you have plexy in behind the cut outs for the dragon and window? If not you do need to get some. Melting the plastic is a good idea for the melted look but do it outside!! the fumes are toxic!! Don't let any of the melted part touch your skin, it will melt into your skin real quick. How many fans to you have running in this machine and what sizes are they? The number one thing that you need to strife for is air flow for good cooling. You don't want it to look good and then be a hot box for your cpu. From what I'm seeing you have a very large case. You have a good start on the looks department and let's see how the cooling department is going. Happy Modding to ya.

Gonna mod my case

1. Do you have plexy in behind the cut outs for the dragon and window?
    2. Melting the plastic is a good idea for the melted look but do it outside!! the fumes are toxic!!
    3. Don't let any of the melted part touch your skin, it will melt into your skin real quick.
    4. How many fans to you have running in this machine and what sizes are they? The number one thing that you need to strife for is air flow for good cooling. You don't want it to look good and then be a hot box for your cpu.
    1. Yes, 5mm thick one
    2. I know but thanks for the reminder hehe
    3. I know that too, I felt it when I was cutting the plexy 5 minutes ago when I've split my G15's plexy for background light.. lol
    4. I have (total: 8 fans)
    -120mm: 2 (case, above and under PSU) + 1 (PSU)
    -90mm: 3 (for HDD cooling by the side)
    -80mm: 1 (PSU)
    -Zalman CNPS9500 LED
    -Graphics card is air cooled, no fan

I know te air flow is very important, I've been told that it should be done like this: intake from sides, bottom, top, front, exhaust to back..

I've done that and I must say, under 100% load, my temps are:
    CPU: 36
    HDDs: 29, 29
    System: 35
    Core (what is this anyway?): 30
    AUX (what is this?): 35
    I'm using Speedfan to tell me this datah

Gonna mod my case

Like I say to all people with a lot of cd drive bays, buy an ide controller online and hook up your escess cd drives. You can also get a secondary power supply. I haven't seen the back of your case too thouroghly, so I can't tell you where to put it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information