Thread: Coranto

Coranto

Hi faceless told me you guys are using coranto for the news publishing and I was wondering how I might be able to get it installed on my linux server, I tried but Ive never worked with .cgi files before so thats kinda giving me trouble.

Coranto

Your quickest and best bet is to head over to http://www.coranto.org/forum/. I have been really swamped on site stuff that I don't really have time to mess with any site work. Im not a pro on the CGI stuff myself. I know I had issues getting it running on our current host and had to resort to them for support.

Coranto

k thats cool yea Im prob gonna have to do the same once I switch over to 1and1 from my server. :lol:

Coranto

It's not that hard to install or use. The real trick is to have the right path to the perl driver.
    Look for a file called perl diver it may help you find the path.

Sometimes you need to rename the *.cgi files to *.pl.

Make sure that you set the right permission to the right files.

After that just run the setup and off you go!

There are alot of mods for coranto, some are old and may not work with the new version, but there are still some good one out there.

Coranto had hit a low spot for a long time and had not been updated for a while, but I think there is a new group that is trying to bring it back to life!

Coranto

s'all good now :lol: I gave up on coranto and just switched my main site over to phpNuke. :lol:

Coranto

Make sure your running security for it. The base setup has a tone of holes in it.

Coranto

Yeah phpnuke really sucks. Lots of various loopholes that allow outsiders to invade. I recommend against it.

Coranto

With the right security, and keeping the security patches up to date, it works pretty good.

Thread Information