Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT: PHENOM (AMD Spider Platform) Video Update!

Master Modder

PROJECT: PHENOM (AMD Spider Platform) Video Update!

If you land the products that you have requested then this is going to be one Hell of a Mod. That Zalman case looks awesome but I wouldn't buy if I had the money. I read the write up on it and the standard setup for it is for a very old setup. The cooler for the graphics card is for a GeForce 5 series only and if you have newer than that you have to buy the extra heatpipes. However the casters are fabulous. Then if you want to overclock then you have to point a fan to blow on the case, now that's funny, people would think your nuts if they saw that. lol However, I know that when you folks get finished with this project that it's going to be a bombshell that's going to be a whooper. I'm looking forward to seeing this unit. In fact I just might come up to see it while on vacation. I vacation in Waseca, MN because I lived there for 20yrs and my son is in Rosemount right now. I will be moving back to MN in about 4 years. That's because of saving the money to move. lol My wife wants to move back home and came up with the plan to move in 5yrs or $5000 which ever comes first. lol So you just might see me at the door some day soon. Happy Modding to ya.

When will you be here em3? I'm shooting to get this done by mid to late december, so it's ready for CES

Those who know my work, know I prefer to mod 10 - 15 yr old Server towers. I like customizing the old stuff..

Chasing down hardware samples on the bleeding edge of technology is a beotch. Ask any Site Reviewer ..lol
    Even if you've got AMD in your pocket, people won't simply hand over the goods..

Supertalent's response after we asked them about sponsering us with a sample of their new SSD 128GB HD for the Phenom Project

"It's a $4000 product, so it’s not in our budget. If you just need the drive on a loan for CES and you could return it afterwards we might be able to work that out."

We're gonna pass, but I just thought you would like to read that..

Master Modder

Not sure when at this time. Right now I'm making my plans for surgery and that's about as far in advance that I do things anymore because I never know how the health situation is going to be. I'll let you know in advance when I know when. Bummer about not getting the 128GB HD, that would have been awesome if they would have given you one. Good luck on the rest of the parts. Happy Modding to ya.

Your health is priority 1. I always tell people to be prepared to work on something if you drop by.. I need you at 100% readiness when you're here embilko :wink: btw: Can I use your real name? and what is it, if thats Ok?

btw: Carlos sent Seagate an inquiry about their SSD HD (crosses fingers)

Not a terribly exciting update after refusing $4K HD, but note worthy Heres the 120mm fans I chose for the case. btw: I only bought 4 fans, not 12 ..lol. This is Aerocool's Silver Lightning Silent White 120mm LED Fan. It's a decent fan and since I'm planning either polish or chrome plate the new case shell, I think these fans fit the bill. I'm still shopping for fan controller options.

# Operating Voltage: 10.2-13.8 VDC
    # Air Flow: 65 CFM
    # Speed: 1,500 RPM±10%
    # Noise: 26.58 dBA

Yeah, to bad about the HD, but it looks as if everything else is going to work nicely together. Can't wait to see what happens once you get knee deep in it.

Master Modder

My given name is Erwin but I usually go by Shorty because I'm only 5'3". Got the name while in the Navy. Was the shortest man onboard my first duty station. Has been with me for 38yrs. As far as working with you, I'll look forward to it. Nice fans with a decent amount of CFM. Thanks for the update and Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

wow! i cant wait to see this beaut build up....baa ive seen some of your work before.....so i know its guna be good!

I would like to use 3 fans that in my project but they unfortunately are not in Brazil
    I accompany each update of the project
    Good luck

purdy...
    nuff said....

Thanks for following this project guys! I should have some new photos soon.

I've been irriated with my AMD contact this past week... I can only describe it as carrying on a one way conversation, I ask for something and either get no response or half answers. I'm convinced he has no idea of the time to create something like this.

On another topic, Carlos and I told AMD on Day 1 that our plan was to install the entire Phenom FX system in this case, power it up for everyone to see via YouTube before it left for CES ... AMD said "That sounds great!" As you've read here, getting samples of new hardware is difficult. Hey, I'm willing to compromise, but telling me one month into the project "the neccessary tools (software to enable hardware) can't leave the building" after I've had to ask specifically about it, that was misleading to the expectations we laid out and presented to them.

I'm suggesting other tactics around this issue, so hopefully we'll work something out.

CoolIT's rep still hasn't responded btw

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information