Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Use carbon fiber?

Use carbon fiber?

Or you could use a crummy old donar case, take the side, top, bottom, and front off, and you end up with a basic frame work (for drive bays, mobo mounting etc.) that is already cut to size. Then you make a kick ass cover for the whole lot.

I need a workshop, tools, and time off work......

Use carbon fiber?

.......oh, and money!

Use carbon fiber?

came across 2 old school cases today! Im gonna open them up tomorrow and see what I can work with. I very well might make a lot of the internals out of carbon but I need to figure out a good clean layout first. I kind of want to figure out a good layout that will work great for air flow and build the case around that. I am trying to think outside the box. :wink:

Master Modder

Use carbon fiber?

I started with the outside. I had a specific style of enclosure that I wanted, it was the shape of the old telephone switchboard of the 1950's. This enclosure was going to be plenty big for the parts that was going into it. You can see my worklog of the work that is still in progress. It even has the space for watercooling. So make your case any size that you are wanting and that will fit the space it's to occupy. Happy Modding to ya.

Use carbon fiber?

Ive seen your work and I think its great. I loved the cash drawer mod.
    I am going to run into some issues with molding the carbon properly but I think I know how to get around it. If not then a more simple design will have to prevail.

are there any cases built for airflow I should check out. I want to get an idea of positions and angles.

Master Modder

Use carbon fiber?

yea, i agree wit em3 start with the outside first and get ur main frame i did with pipeline anyway, if you ever need any tips just drop us a message on here and wahay we are always happy to help a fellow modder :P good luck with this and im going to keep my eye on how your doing, dont forget once you have your main frame/idea, make sure you give us some pics! we luv pics

razer

Use carbon fiber?

Sit down, make a sketch of what you want and figure out if it will work physically. The thing about winging it is that plans change rather quickly and you end up spending more time and money that you really need to. It can be fun, but you can also end up not very happy with your results. Also, practice. Seriously. It was told to me, and I didn't believe it, and I made some fan holes that looked like they had been kicked in instead of cut. And hammers are bad. I don't care that they're right next to you and the right tool is off and away, don't use them. They smash, break, dent, scratch, and generally make things fubar. I'm looking forward to seeing the cases you got.

Use carbon fiber?

Outside the box? How about a panel with all the wiring and PSU on the inside, and the Mobo GPU etc on one side, and drives on the other, all outside?

Use carbon fiber?

Im getting some sketches going. Ive decided to keep it simple but custom. A nice middle road I guess. Ive done plenty of modding just not on pc cases. The hammer will be a far reach on this one. :wink:

I have talked to some carbon ppl who have seen what is currently avail for carbon cases and are hoping my design can be replicated and marketed. We will see. Just a little pressure for my first case. 0-0

Master Modder

Use carbon fiber?

Good luck with this adventure and I'll keep my fingers crossed that something comes of your design. Happy Modding to ya.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information