Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty Completed 2-1-09

Master Modder

Call of Duty Completed 2-1-09

im taking it you mean the shape of the usa?? i think thats it

The front panel is almost done. Moved to a new house...haven't had time to mess with it until last few weeks...and of course I get every thing set up and my compressor was dead....any way, hope to have it finished in the next couple days and shipped back to X. I'll post some pics when its finished!

Master Modder

oooo yes please! id like to see this one finshed...

Thanks for the update there Clausen, now for my update .... lol

You know it never fails, there is always something going on that sems to be hampering me here lately, keeping me from proceeding with the project. At any rate, after painting the chassis I for the next several days looked at it ... and looked at it and thought of how I normally do a chassis in a smooth paint scheme. The camo looked great, but it just wasn't clicking with me ... yep you guessed it, I completely dis-assembled the chassis and have started over with a different approach that will hopefully appeal to my artistic sense of style better and more closely match the color scheme of the case. lol I know, I know... geesh some folks and their sense of style. lol Anyway, sandblasting yet again more holes to cut a tad of final touching up, and the addition of the feet and it shall be finished.

However, I do have several family situations currently unfolding that take precedence over the mod, so given surgery outcomes etc etc delays can be expected LOL.

Here's a few pictures...it's dark out so these are taken with and without a flash...I still need to wet-sand and add 2 more coats of clear but It will be ready to ship by the end of the week!

I'll take some pictures in the sun tomorrow!

This ones a little big to click on or paste into browser!

http://headlightcare.com/finished1.jpg

Decided to paint the drive bay areas this time too!

Looking great Clausen !

Whew! .... finally have the front panel back and Clausen did a fine job. Now, with a little time i will get things tied up.

Master Modder

sweet work he did there!! that front is ;ookin sick, i like the colours on this aswell

I also really enjoy it. The red is a nice accent not only in that it complements it well; but also in that it isn't as literal as the rest of the case. Everything else (on the outside at least) is trying to represent something, but the blood(?) patch is much more abstract. High five.

After looking at the camo chassis for a while, I decided that it wasn't they way that I wanted to go with the paint scheme. I wanted the inside of the case to light up very well, despite the fact it was windowless. I wanted a red glow to emit from the cracks and open areas that the case does have. A fire from within type glow. lol At any rate, I sand blasted the case again and repainted it with Hammered Textured Silver (sort of a Titanium), attached the front and rear mesh, cut out the holes for the 3 x 120mm Red LED fans .... 1 front intake, 1 rear exhaust, and 1 bottom blowhole intake. the case is a somewhat small case so I was limited up top on the blowhole size i could use and still have a drive there, so cut a blowhole for an 80mm Red LED fan there for exhaust. The side panels, as well as, the top and bottom panel's inside areas were then covered with diamond plate vinyl film to reflect light on inside the case. I also used MNPCTECH's U-channel to clean up the cuts made for the fan holes and the mesh.

I am planning on wrapping this mod up this week ..... at least that is the plan lol.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information