Yes, I know what you're thinking, and no, it's not true. I did not get an Apple iPhone. I got an InfoGear iPhone for $10 at a thrift store.

It's a phone/internet terminal from 1998.

Literally everything about this thing is proprietary, from the keyboard jack to the optional printer attachment (which infogear themselves don't reccomend). I picked it up to harvest its screen, which research revealed to be a b&w touchscreen. Score!

I have an lcd screen, soldering skills, and a basic knowledge of electronics, but I'm a bit lost as to where I go from here. It has a controller pcb, but that thing was made for the iPhone and as far as I know it isn't compatible with standard pc connectors. I know that the backlight runs on AC, but the rest is sort of a mystery. I guess that I can start by asking vendor sites for any specs that they may have. I doubt that they would respond to an individual not related to a potential business partner, but there's no harm in trying. Any info would be useful, and I can answer any questions that you may have.