Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: p4storm Mod

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

i've got anouther update already! Now due to me having alot of illness issues recently it has left me not able to do my job, so time has been spent alot on this mod (well only this past week and a half)

So back to what i've been doing, i thought my "pin hole filler" putty was all dried up but....

This little beaut helped me crack into the top to get to the filler, i thought it wouldn't work but turns out it does! you know what this means right?

Yes time to fill them holes! but back to that one later, Now i'm going to move onto something that is disapointing to say the least,

It looks perfect i know but the colour is wrong and there was hair line cracks in it that the camera struggled to see so onto the drilling and destroying this beautiful piece of work First i'm going to remove the top from the frame,

Now that top part is off, it's time to work on removing the handles, plus the grommets, this is where we start to see some real damage!

If you look at the edge of the middle rivit you will see the paint had raised for some reason,

A mess underneath that is for sure!

Anyhow now that is all removed lets take a look at this...

Damn messy right? i was hoping to only have to sand it lightly but...

the damage was to much so down to the metal we are going to have to go!

Now before you say i am NOT a women that is my GF's hands, take a look

Who has the coolest gf ever? razer does XD well what with me not really being able to do it she offered to help, i didn't think it was her thing but she really likes the idea of helping lol well im not complaining!

Anyhow time past and with my little amount of help, we got through the 20 odd layers of paint to this,

Going to continue with this tomoz then move onto the buffing looking forward to it! will also update with the other side panel, hopfully i will get rid of all the pins holes!

Thanks for reading Chaps.

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

It continues.....slowly anyway! what with other stuff taking up my time i have little time to spend on p4 storm! But still i push on! i've been rubbing the side down again, nearly all pinholes are gone! i will update with that once i get it finished, i'd say it will take a week to have it done. That is as long as the weather doesn't get to bad! but on with todays update! nothing too big but i've started to work on the side window,

And the bits i'm going to need...

Add onto this my make shift dremel clamp holder XD

We are good to go! i started with using the small bits to etch a pattern, it was all free hand. Once the main strikes were etched in i went ahead with the tips that had ball type tips, using these i fattened the main strike and shaped them, after this i went around with the really thin tips to tidy it up abit, take a look!

The lighting is not good, and i suck using my 350d with no flash XD i suppose you could say i dont have a very steady hand! Either way it has worked and it looks Okay, I'm going to work on fixing it into the side tomoz as it is getting later to do any work on it now, that shed of mine is cold at night!

Thanks for reading

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

Update time! small but still, i've been working more on the window today and the LED lighting, wow this was harder than i thought! anyway lets get down to bis!

Nice not to bad at doing this! after a few adjustments,

finish! and a little take on this...

where is it going?

Perfect fit! onto the side window,

ooooo i'm nasty ent it? I will update with this soon to show you how it looks, for now keep these last few images fresh in your mind!

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

I've been working on this over the past few day's giving it a buff and getting the side panel looking abit more tidy, Although i've yet to polish it proberly i'm happy with how it is starting to look! Even with the closeness of the side panel window and metal bracket there is enough room for it to fit onto the side easliy Also the fans bought specifically for this mod have finally been attached to the case! take a look!

I must of taken loads of picture's of the side panel but only this one showed the etch without flashing it out

So...what do you think so far? Thanks for reading! BTW the front hangs away because a clip is broken! i will be repairing it XD

p4storm Mod

I love it!! The gunmetal blue is totally perfect and the lightning is just enough to accent it without being domineering.
    And major kudo's to your gf for helping out, that is totally cool!! If she has a sister tell her I can find her an eligible bachelor too lol. Yes, I'd volunteer, I'm willing to take one for the team lol.
    Seriously though, that is cool of her and super nice!

I can't wait to see it lit up and running. This one is a super nice build, very clean and nice colors too!

p4storm Mod

Hey the vertical vent is a pretty smart idea too!

p4storm Mod

Errrr, horizontal I mean duh.

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

LOL! 3 post's to reply with huh? edit button XD haha anyway...

update time! The room has been moved about and i've had RL get in the way...and codmw2 XD Anyhow i started preping the case again, well the top panel more like,

Ugly right? i had managed over the years to plaster more than 5 different coats of primer onto this...consider i primer 3 coats, and this was done 5 times, you work out how many layers that is (including the colour and clear btw!) yes alot

Anyway i've moved it on abit and rubbed out any imperfections, just to get a nice clean coat.

The primer shows how neatly it went on! Plus this with the fact i've a new temp spray booth (mother does NOT aprove but i will pay any damages incured XD

You like it? yes it's the shower room and for any who don't know i am not disabled, stepdad AND mum is, nothing major...sort of... the poor cripple she hates me sometimes lol anyway, take a look,

Looks good right? i'm impressed with it, has a real nice uniform finish to it just how i wanted, and here is a teaser for next update

Enjoy, and thanks for reading.

""edit"" yes she does have a sister, lol mother to my child infact XD :roll:

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

Update! already? yes already XD i've managed to get this project almost wraped up! so this part i was hiding in the last picture...well here it is

Now it does look like it is uneven but i swear it is not, the light angles in my room (LED lights) plus the flash of the camera seem to make the paint give of an uneven affect, trust me when i take some daylight photos they will look good!

So a week today and i will have this beauty buffed and the whole casing ready to be put together very excited!

p4storm Mod

That looks really great! I can't wait to see it start coming together.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information