Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Modders-Inc Podcast

Modders-Inc Podcast

Well with the holidays over we should be getting back on track with the podcast :-)
    Any idea when to expect the next one?

It would also be a good spot to mention any new contest :wink: as the podcast is listened to by more than just those on this site.

Modders-Inc Podcast

One important note I would like to add about the podcasts. The round table discussion format works well on television because you can see the participants as each one dives into the debate or discussion, on radio or non-visual communication, it doesn't work so well. I would like to hear from one person at a time during the discussions so we can better know who it is we're listening to and what their thoughts are. The format of everyone jumping in on the discussion works if there are only 2-3 people but not when there is 4, 5 or 6. It gets somewhat confusing and in a sense exhausting sometimes.

Modders-Inc Podcast

I would also like to see perhaps a monthly podcast and also feature a possible "phone in" interview with one of our randomly chosen regular members.
    Anyone with at least 50 (or whatever number is decided) worthwhile posts would be eligable and could be chosen. The questions would be asked by each of the participating MI staff on that particular podcast who would also choose their own questions to ask. Also keep it to a certain number of q's to keep the flow going. I think member buy in would serve the interest very well in several ways .

Modders-Inc Podcast

It has been bad timing so far this year for the 4 of us, but I am ready to get back in the game on this.

We have been trying to get member to call the number we give and leave a voice mail, but that has yet to happen.

SO since I have some of your attention...what about topics?

Stick to modding only?

Software?

Hardware?

Normal babble?

Length of podcast

30 minutes or less

30 to 60 minutes

60 minutes or more

Modders-Inc Podcast

I'm going to think on this..... getting ready for church right now. Will reply later.
    -=TD

Modders-Inc Podcast

Ok called in with a few ideas that may hopefully be useful. Looking forward to the upcoming shows and going to work on dloading all the current ones in sequential order.

A follow up question, do you guys meet physically in one place or do you generally just call in? What about a podcast video? Just throwing out ideas here.

Modders-Inc Podcast

We are all located in different locations miles and miles apart. The only time you will likely find us all in the same place is in the event we plan a trip to a large LAN event like QuakeCon.

Modders-Inc Podcast

If anyone knows of way to do a FREE conference video for the podcast let me know. We have been thinking about this but not sure how to do it.

Modders-Inc Podcast

Would Skype work? Their video conferencing feature is $5 for a day pass but you can try it for free for 7 days.

Modders-Inc Podcast

And skype is in stereo The audio would sound pretty decent I think.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information