Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PacknPlay

PacknPlay

So what have I been doing??? for the last few weeks?

Well, the questions got me thinking about the lighting control board again...
    So I built one of the new design.... Good news the new design works great!

I also upgraded my PCB fab to photo etching, by creating a UV LED array for exposing the boards. (I'm going to go in depth with this process soon with a tut on it!!! much nicer boards and it's easy and cheaper to do now that you don't need special expensive lights...more on that later)

Here's the board bottom (the white jumper wire is there because I accidentally cut one of the traces when I was using a razor to clean off the resin from the soldier).

On the top you notice some copper traces, I used some copper tape for these, it's much neater then wires everywhere.

Also I wanted to share with you all what you've been waiting for... The full PacknPlay cover in place. It's not complete yet I'm testing some new lighting effects, Once I know how they look and I get them installed it will be done!

And the whole thing:

So Soon I'll have the lighting tested, I'll share that as we go. My goal is to have this PackNPlay complete by early June, which is when I move to Phoenix , AZ... prepping for the move will be taking more and more of my time so this will be a challenge! But it's time for this project to be completed

As always let me know what you all think!

CrazyBillyBob

PacknPlay

Looks good bud. I'm always jealous of the mobile PC's. Mine are a PITA to move around. It's always nice when they are mobile and look cool as well.

You probably mentioned it somewhere but I can't remember. Are you going to accent the inside with any other details, painting or design? I know you said you weren't done yet.

PacknPlay

Looks like a Team America WMD!! Great work mate

PacknPlay

You probably mentioned it somewhere but I can't remember. Are you going to accent the inside with any other details, painting or design? I know you said you weren't done yet.
    This something that I'm still thinking about. Some graphics would be cool, I think but what? I've had some comments that the uniform color looks super clean... and I should leave it that way. I'm open to suggestions if you have an opinion let me know!

The Lighting test I'm working on is using Plex plates with LED lights to light tiny holes (like the one for the IR remote's power LED) in the cover. There's not much room under the cover so a mess of 3mm LEDs hanging down would be a problem... So I hope the Plex Light pipe Idea works... I'll be testing that later this week with the "old" cover section.

If the lighting works I'll be making the light holes in patterns...what ?? I'm not sure, I think I'll do a HDD symbol for HDD activity. But the random color patterns are still anyone's guess... Got an Idea??? let me know! I was thinking maybe animal out lines... like a throbbing constellation type effect.

I also have the external Case badges to make.... Hoping to keep them simple.... just a plate with the PackNPlay name and a border.

CBB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information