Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a submittal question? Ask it here!

Have a submittal question? Ask it here!

sticky please? It's getting pushed.

Question about some generalities -

If UserA posts a globe of the earth mod first and UserB post a globe of the Moon - do they both qualify as generally the same thing? Does UserA disqualify UserB because they posted a 'globe' mod first? I mean, I understand that a 'one book mod' is the same as another 'one book mod', but is it the same as a 'stack of books mod'? Is the Earth globe the same as the Moon globe?

Or say UserA posts a generic object and UserB posts the same idea BUT has spent more time and effort and clearly was working on the idea before UserA posted - Does that mean UserA's entry disqualifies UserB just because UserA posted first, even though UserA posted a generic web-image and the idea while UserB, not having seen and stolen the idea, clearly spent more time and effort. Does the effort take precedence over the idea when the idea itself isn't necessarily subject to have been copied?

You mention in the rules" "Commenting and making someone's idea better is nice, but it won't result in the person who commented on the idea having it become their entry."

Where "making someone's idea better" can be misunderstood to mean that if I post a sphere, all spheres are now covered by my entry and off limits because nobody else can do a sphere mod since they would just be taking my idea and making it better - at least that could be the argument.

I would just think that who ever had the best idea in the view of the Judges would win, even if some people had subtle twists on it. Would think that someone who just says, make a book looking computer and posts a basic image.. vs someone who puts alot of time and effort, and embellishes on the idea.. if judges had to choose between the two, I would think they would reward the one who put more effort and ideas into theirs...If it came down to choosing that. I doubt that someone who just spams alot of different images and nothing more would be chosen vs the people who actually design a computer. I have seen some good ones... someone reeeeealy put alot of effort into a lunchbox one... apparently had knowledge in some 3D software program...would think if the judges chose a lunchbox theme, they would choose his vs someone who says, make one out of the fallout 3 collectors tin and leaves it at that. Also.. probobly dont want some overkill pc design...Like modeling after some helmet from some game...that would look cool.. but damn.. that would be hard.

Ya, the lunchbox one was one, picture frames are another - some have more thought put into them than others while I don't think anyone has really speced out a book mod there are a few posts about it and they're all pretty much the same post, just made by different people using a different picture of a book. Who's book mod takes the lead? How do they determine who's idea takes it if they are all the same?

I'm just curious if specifics play a role or if duplicate/similar entries are bound by 'who did it first'.

Well... in the end, its the judges who decide what they like. Creativity is one factor? how creative is someone who says 'make this into a ION PC" and doesn't do anything beyond that? Be creative, dont just show a pic and say, hey, id like to see that as a PC... design it! hehe... Heh.. damn, I really like my Ion-O-Sphere idea now...Kinda wanna get a pc like it....Hey, least if I come in second, I can at least take the board that they give me and commission someone to make it hehe..

Would it be possible to get the height width and length measurements of the Zotac board with heatsink and fan? the pdf and images I find online are not cutting it. Millimeters count.

:!:

Would it be possible to get the height width and length measurements of the Zotac board with heatsink and fan? the pdf and images I find online are not cutting it. Millimeters count.
    work around 6.7" x 6.7" x 2" as those are the rough measurements...if you try to work in millimeters you may be working with a tight squeeze that may conflict in overheating issues later.

You know 6.7x6.7 is a lot bigger than I thought it would be - the pdf image that says is actual size, is not 6.7x6.7. It's more like 5x3 1/2 and its the Pico card not the Zotac.

If you goto the Zotac's website for this product, they have some reeeeaaallly detailed information about the MoBo. Apparently there are two variations of the MoBo that they will use here, an A-U and a D-E variant, if I read it right, one comes with a power adapter, one does not. This is where you can look, handy for getting an idea where things plug in and how to design your PC accordingly. If you click on the Specifications tab, it will load a PDF file that has a bit more info, including the measurements.

P.S. M-I Moderators... Do you guys..when your not doing contests Do you make custom PC cases for people? Even if I dont win the grand prize... I actually want to see my idea come to life...From the poor descriptions that I gave in my Ion-O-Sphere...is something like that possible? (God I love my browsers built in spell check)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information