Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #204 - Ion Mod idea by Montresor83 #1[UPDATED]

#204 - Ion Mod idea by Montresor83 #1[UPDATED]

Your idea should have stomped #433 #418 #407 #386 #383 #365 #347 #345 #310 #296 #281 #203 #146 #144 #38 Just going by case ideas not counting creativity,#432 should have stomped them all.
    Hey, I like #418. A little over the top maybe, but the blend of complexity and attractiveness made for an excellent looking mod. As far as the guidelines go though, #281 hardly had a mod description. I doubt any changes will be made now that they've picked the top 30 though.

:lol:

They haven't chosen any ranking. The numbers are for organization purposes, not the final verdict.
    Our top 30 choices
    Oh. I missed that. I guess I should keep a better eye out.

hello.. #386 here.. and ill tell you why yours wasent picked and why it didnt stomp my lil box or the other submissions...

because just like all the other ones that ALL they did was.. "i have no "real" idea for a pc.. just think it would be cool to have the pc in this.. heres the pic.. do what you like" submission that theres 400 of..

if you would have taken the time to think from the heart.. and instead of saying.. rover.. build it how you like... instead.. came up with a true design of your own.. given out details.. descriptions of WHY you have it that way.. do your best to try to bring the modders into YOUR mind and soul and let them FEEL your vision... then they would have actually connected with you and your design

give info on its practical uses.. decorative uses.. have it on a base where theres a plaque honoring the dead men and women of the space program.. talk about how it honors the years of dedicated work and effort to further better our lives through engenering and technical advances...

but no.. you had NO heart or conectivity what so ever behind your entry..
    yes.. a mars rover would be cool for a pc.. especially if it had moving parts... but thats ALL you gave as a reason.. its "cool"
    And with all the mods posting how they want a computer that "represents" things.. it just being "cool" dont cut it.. they want to make something that has a purpose.. and meaning.

art.. and creation comes from the heart.

Treasure Chest DesignYes and this screams Ion P.S....B.S.

nvidia official ion pc
    go here.. read it over.. LOOK at it.. its a vase.. a designer vase

• Use the ZOTAC ION ITX 330 motherboard containing an
    NVIDIA ION GPU and an Intel Atom dual-core CPU

• Not exceed a $500 budget for components
    {all that metalwork and the solar array is really going to add up.. ESPECIALY if you want it a working replica}

• Be completed in 60 days
    [yeah.. built froms cratch.. this i NOT goign to happen]

• Reflect key features enabled by ION: small, low-power
    PCs with powerful graphics
    [dont know if you know ANYTHING about the real mars rover.. but its NOT small. though if you had added in that the solar array could have used to help power the pc.. that might have improved your odds]

Im sorry but your mars rover despite its "cool" factor to the mods didnt fit your criteria as being something THEY wanted to work twards and if it REALLY upsets you that much.. then please by all means.. ask the admins and the mods why they denied your entry

i appologize that my lil box and all the other 29 entries to you arent as cool as your rover idea.. but you have to admit.. all the advice i have given you IF you had followed it would likely have gotten you selected.. you simply didnt put enough thought.. or effort and love into expressing and conveying your dream to the other people here.

but theres no reason to be getting hostile or mean tward the other entrants.. especially ones that are trying to help you out here.

and dont worry about me my lil box certainly wont make top 5.. not with the amazing ideas of the BRion out there that are well more deserving then mine.

but yeah.. take constructive critisims as it is.. constructive.. and advice to improve yourself for the next contest that comes along

hello.. #386 here.. and ill tell you why yours wasent picked and why it didnt stomp my lil box or the other submissions...

because just like all the other ones that ALL they did was.. "i have no "real" idea for a pc.. just think it would be cool to have the pc in this.. heres the pic.. do what you like" submission that theres 400 of..

if you would have taken the time to think from the heart.. and instead of saying.. rover.. build it how you like... instead.. came up with a true design of your own.. given out details.. descriptions of WHY you have it that way.. do your best to try to bring the modders into YOUR mind and soul and let them FEEL your vision... then they would have actually connected with you and your design

give info on its practical uses.. decorative uses.. have it on a base where theres a plaque honoring the dead men and women of the space program.. talk about how it honors the years of dedicated work and effort to further better our lives through engenering and technical advances...

but no.. you had NO heart or conectivity what so ever behind your entry..
    yes.. a mars rover would be cool for a pc.. especially if it had moving parts... but thats ALL you gave as a reason.. its "cool"
    And with all the mods posting how they want a computer that "represents" things.. it just being "cool" dont cut it.. they want to make something that has a purpose.. and meaning.

art.. and creation comes from the heart.
    I admit I didn't write a lot on the description of my entry because the original rules were to keep it <300 words and even though that restriction was later removed, I thought it would be considerate to the judges to keep my description short and to the point. The drawings I posted plainly pointed out the layout of my idea for the Mars Rover. I'll entertain your idea that the judges weren't "connecting" with my entry because I didn't go on and on about how NASA is awesome and this mod could showcase the parallels between miniaturized motherboards and compact robotics and AI used on the rover. Explain #281. Or #231. Or #310. 310 doesn't even use a miniITX case for his submission. I stuck to the rules as closely as I could and never bumped my own submission to keep it on the 1st page. I'm not even upset anymore about not getting picked but when you come over to my submission and say I wasn't even trying.. It's not polite to say the least. Good luck with your very interesting treasure box mod. You tried very hard unlike my idea which was presented in a "here's my idea do what you like". Your mod really has "purpose" and "meaning".

[dont know if you know ANYTHING about the real mars rover.. but its NOT small..]
    Don't know if you know ANYTHING about real treasure chests.. but they're not small. =)

I'd suggest you ask the modders why it wasn't selected, instead of hypothesizing reasons for it. @Stormbringer,
    Its true that the ones selected had well represented ideas but it wasn't all of the decision making, and yes the "cool" factor plays into it. along with the plausibility of making it. But there is no way of really knowing without asking so do so and stop the argument here and now.

nvidia official ion pc
    go here.. read it over.. LOOK at it.. its a vase.. a designer vase

• Use the ZOTAC ION ITX 330 motherboard containing an
    NVIDIA ION GPU and an Intel Atom dual-core CPU

• Not exceed a $500 budget for components
    {all that metalwork and the solar array is really going to add up.. ESPECIALY if you want it a working replica}

• Be completed in 60 days
    [yeah.. built froms cratch.. this i NOT goign to happen]

• Reflect key features enabled by ION: small, low-power
    PCs with powerful graphics
    [dont know if you know ANYTHING about the real mars rover.. but its NOT small. though if you had added in that the solar array could have used to help power the pc.. that might have improved your odds]

Im sorry but your mars rover despite its "cool" factor to the mods didnt fit your criteria as being something THEY wanted to work twards and if it REALLY upsets you that much.. then please by all means.. ask the admins and the mods why they denied your entry

i appologize that my lil box and all the other 29 entries to you arent as cool as your rover idea.. but you have to admit.. all the advice i have given you IF you had followed it would likely have gotten you selected.. you simply didnt put enough thought.. or effort and love into expressing and conveying your dream to the other people here.

but theres no reason to be getting hostile or mean tward the other entrants.. especially ones that are trying to help you out here.

and dont worry about me my lil box certainly wont make top 5.. not with the amazing ideas of the BRion out there that are well more deserving then mine.

but yeah.. take constructive critisims as it is.. constructive.. and advice to improve yourself for the next contest that comes along
    BRion said "Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information