Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #405 - Ion Mod Idea by AWizardInDallas

#405 - Ion Mod Idea by AWizardInDallas

Rolling 1-5 means they make the case....
    Haha! That's the spirit!

They dont need to bend sheet metal, just weld each face edge. Once you have welded everything together, maybe put one or two of the faces on hinges so that you have access to the inside parts..Well.. that actually seems necessary... And once you have everything welded, grind down to smoothness. Neeto idea.

...maybe put one or two of the faces on hinges so that you have access to the inside parts... Well.. that actually seems necessary...
    The foldup model does indeed show two hinges on the "20" and "19" facets and a knob for opening. I won't be surprised if the builder comes up with a better access scheme though.

Neeto idea.
    Thanks!

Okay, I just have to mention this, geek that I am. I also made sure, with the aid of my wife for confirmation, that the numbers on opposite sides of each facet, as depicted in the fold-up, also equal "21" as with a proper D20. :lol:

I do see one problem with this mod....if you're in the middle of a DnD game using this as your GM's computer and somebody really wants to roll that critical success...well....bye bye computer. You might want to use this to see if you can use your vorpal sword against the forum trolls in this forum.

I do see one problem with this mod....if you're in the middle of a DnD game using this as your GM's computer and somebody really wants to roll that critical success...well....bye bye computer. You might want to use this to see if you can use your vorpal sword against the forum trolls in this forum.
    Haha! That's sick! Fortunately, fear of mortality is likely to keep this "magic item" safe.

Five Things We've Learned From D&D
    By Jeremy Parish
    1. Everything can be reduced to numbers
    2. You're not alone
    3. Players want to own their character
    4. Emergent gameplay is good gameplay
    5. Good stories compel, poor stories suck

Double critical against a gelatinous cube!

Double critical against a gelatinous cube!
    Yeah but you can get that with a spoon too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information