Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ION Spider PC by Roboduck and Boddaker

Master Modder

ION Spider PC by Roboduck and Boddaker

cool!!! i like this one should be well good when its done!

After receiving the legs from Roboduck earlier in the week, I had a local metal finishers anodize them black to match the case. The guy picked them up Tuesday, and UPS dropped them back to me on Friday.

As soon as I got home last night, I set right to assembling them. Here's one leg with the shock:

I had to do some minor adjustments to the corners, trimming areas to fit the legs and shocks.

I got all the corners done today.

Then I finished assembling the rest of the legs and mounted them to the corners.

I also started on the top cover, gluing the UV green talons in. I think I will need to add some mesh underneath to help prevent things from falling into the case through the vent holes.

Next up will be fabbing up a mounting bracket for the card reader/hot-swap drive bay/DVD drive. Hopefully I tackle that tomorrow if I can coax the wife into taking the kids for the afternoon lol. :P
    Last edited by Boddaker; 09-12-2017 at 11:33 AM.

While you are on the subject... How do you keep kids away from your mods? BSG was toyable too.
    It looks like it's ready to pounce on something and feed.

While you are on the subject... How do you keep kids away from your mods? BSG was toyable too.
    My kids are trained not to touch anything in my office. Any violation of said rules result in severe punishments (no piggyback rides for a week).

My kids are trained not to touch anything in my office. Any violation of said rules result in severe punishments (no piggyback rides for a week).
    Wow...it is official, I am now a leg man. Those look AMAZING Bod. Looks like Black for the finish was 100% the right call.

Like you would EVER be able to enforce that lol. H has you so wrapped around her little finger you wouldn't last an HOUR.

Ah! That looks ridiculously awesome! You da man Bod!

Warning may scare small children.....

Yesterday I was able to get the drive mounting figured out, but not before seeing another stock product go under the knife lol.

This time it was the card reader that needed to be operated on. Nothing too serious, just a bit of trimming here and there.

Disassembled...

...and trimmed. The top metal piece and the front plastic bezel will not be needed.

My son the sculpturer felt compelled to create his latest work of art with some of my left-over acrylic pieces and computer parts lol.

Here he is objecting to the decibel level in the garage as I was cutting away at things.

Once I got the card reader cut down, I proceeded to mock up the drives, positioning them in the case to match the slots, and measuring numerous times to get it to line up perfectly. This took quite some time (much to the chagrin of my son who was getting bored with his creation and wanted to play), but I finally came up with this as a solution:

And with the components in place:

Here is the entire drive assembly placed in the case:

Only thing left to do is mark and drill holes in the case to secure the bracket. Those black/green acrylic trim pieces I showed you earlier will serve to conceal the screws from view, as well as hide the lower slots. The front trim piece will flip down to allow access to the removable drive and card reader.
    Last edited by Boddaker; 09-12-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Master Modder

very good, wish my lil one wouldnt be pain and would behave like yours! back to mod....dude the thing looks like something out of some kind of horror movie as if its a droid out to get you, just awsomeness!

Packing a lot of user options in a small space, very nice!

It's one of the nano-machines from SG1... after Pimp My Ride got hold of it.
    I see now. You keep the munchkins at bay with leftover cutoff trinkets.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information