Hey Folks!!!

Here is my work log for my NVIDIA ION Build. There were so many great submissions for this contest, and I had my eye on this particular design from the start. I chose the design submitted by oZEPPELINo.

For the contest, a key criteria was to build a design that reflects the key features enabled by the ION. It is obvious the mITX form factor allowed for a tiny mod. Coming from a competitive overclocking background, where the fastest graphics benchmarks are king. I wanted to highlight the versatility and power of the ION's NVIDIA Graphic Chipset. In order to show case the graphic performance, oZEPPELINo design integrated an LCD Display. With its modular design, the small size and low power consumption were also highlighted.

So here are a few pictures of the design submitted by oZEPPELINo:

The way the designed flowed, and the way the parts seem to float, made this the ideal HTPC (Home Theater PC).

For this project NVIDIA, CPU Magazine, and Modders Inc lined some VERY nice components for us to work with.

Here is a picture of the ION motherboard made by Zotac. Check out the size next to a can of Dust-Off. That thing is small!!

Logic Supply provided us with a VERY small powersupply for the case mod. The external AC Adapter really reduced the unncessary bulk within the case mod.

Corsair provided the perfect companion to a SILENT HTPC system. I blazing fast x64 SSD, and 4 GB of DDR2 memory, which will come in handy when running a 64bit Microsoft Operating system

I worked with oZEPPELINo to keep my design as true to his submission as possible. We did agree on a few changes that we believe would enhance the overall design. So lets get this work log started!!

- Ton