Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blue on Black (HAF 932 mod)

Blue on Black (HAF 932 mod)

I really like your color selection... I am going with a "dime-a-dozen" red on black paint scheme though...

i see you got your HAF logo painted... and i see that you used liquid masking tape. do you know of any other type of substance that would work as well? more common to find in the store...

HEY! its december and the last post was October, you have any updated pics???!!

Happy modding!

>>and i see that you used liquid masking tape. do you know of any other type of substance that would work as well?

Unfortunately, I do not. This stuf is relatively cheap and can be found at a hobby store. It's also available online; gotta pay the shipping though... :/

So Santa made a very nice visit this xmas and I finally got a break from work and school so I thought I'd spend some time working on the mod. I also got the memory, cpu and mobo from newegg, so the motivation to push forward has increased. Anyhow, this is a short update, but I'll post more as it progresses.

So I've been working on the designs (measurements and placement) for the last couple weeks for a shroud within the case. The idea is to hide as many wires as possible as well as the pump and 120.3 radiator for the water loop. I was planning on sheet metal for fabricating the shroud, but I had a bunch of styrene left from another project and thought I'd use it. Here's a few shots of what I've come up with.

The shroud mocked up and in place...

I had to make some cuts to give access to the SATA, power and front panel cables. A bit fuzzy, but I'll post clearer pics when I get a chance to.

Openings for the SATA, PATA, and power cables...

Openings for the front panel, USB and 1394 pins...

Finally, the shroud mock up with the door in place. Still need a piece of plexi for the door. I'll probably get that tomorrow.

Until next time. Thanks for looking.

Remy

Master Modder

very smart!!! keep the updates coming chap!

Remy, I like the look of the HAF. Might try and do mine in yellow. Any suggestions on using the liquid masking?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information