Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .::District 9::. PRAWN PC 2010 CES mention with M-I&qu

.::District 9::. PRAWN PC 2010 CES mention with M-I&qu

Yea, gotta implement that canister into something cool. Mwhahahah. I love cutting nasty holes in a nice computer cases.

Something exploded in Christopher's computer at one time. He never bothered fixing the hole.

Using 3/8" drill bit

Using wire cutter to make cracks around the hole

Etching Rotary Tool (or Dremel) Engraving Bits

Using the dremel to emulate some cracks

I'm adding bullet holes to the case too, so I drilled holes in the 840's aluminum panel. I then used a tin snip and needle nose plier to cut and rip the 3/8" hole open

Looking good Bill Can't wait to see all the colors in there!

Thanks dude! 1/4" thick White acrylic sheet with District 9 sign will be the grill for 2x 200mm top fans

We cnc milled the grill, but If you have custom laser cutting needs, I suggest contacting http://www.vintagelaser.com

Today I worked on the acrylic plates for the right hand side panel. I used the barrel engraving bit to create cracks around the hole.

Here is some screen shots taken from the movie trailer on Youtube. I think it's important to have the prawn canister implemented into the case. If Cooler Master had requested watercooling, it would been fun to make a reservoir based on the canister, but the system will be air cooled. We have some 2" diameter solid rod on hand we could use to re-create something close to it. I have some ideas, but want to have it my hands first before I commit to them.

You just dont stop impressing Bill.... damn!

Sanded

Bill, the only thing I hate about this project is I have not seen the movie . . .arg. So need to get an HD copy of it . . .

Love what you are doing here. Also should drop props to Bill for sponsoring a n00b modder over at PDXLAN. Bill you made the young man's day!!!! Thanks for supporting our community brother. Someday I hope I can buy you a Jager Bomb. Would also like an autographed CPU Mag with your rig on the cover

Master Modder

bill...what can i say!! ive lost count how many times ive said this and will keep saying it in the future im sure but damn, you keep impressing me, those bullet holes look awesome! see if i tryed that i think it would of just looked like bad holes punched into the case lol

Absolutely amazing as always. Very realistic bullet holes. I haven't seen this movie yet, but I'll defiantly check out the DVD when it comes out (Dec 22nd).

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information