Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluebeard's Revenge

Bluebeard's Revenge

Damn laser. They can be so much fun when they work. Especially in space.

Bluebeard's Revenge

I'd like to give a huge thank you to Tazz not only for the work on this mod but also for the in-person hand delivery of this system. Once he delivered it to me, I was a nervous wreck due to the fact that now I was the one responsible for shipping it to California safely. I coccooned it in batting and bubble wrap and am glad to report it arrived in Fremont unblemished. But, I sure did not want to send it out. It looked really good in my basement on my bench.

Tazz, I'm looking forward to the rest of the build log. After talking with you and seeing this thing in person, I can only imagine how much work it took. Also, can you duplicate this log at the Corsair forum?

Thanks again and it was great to meet you in person.

Bluebeard's Revenge

No Problem great Yellow one. It was a pleasure actually meeting you in person and having a little time out of the house. The 13 hour drive was a small price to pay to achieve that .

Ya, I will copy things over there today.

Todays update is all about the paint...

I finally get a call from the painter saying that my parts are finally ready after being almost a week or so late. I made the drive to the shop only to find out that I should have just done the entire process myself. Here I will let a single picture tell the story.

Midway down Page 4

Bluebeard's Revenge

Man, I would have been seriously PO'd about that paint job. Especially if I paid for it. Definitely ask for some of my monies back. Glad you had the skills to wet sand it and make it look good in the end though. Still that's gotta drive you crazy.

THIS is why I end up just doing all my work. Every time I source out I regret it. Every time!

Good work bud.

Bluebeard's Revenge

With the majority of the paint repairs out of the way I started on the assembly process. I slipped the top panel back into place and secured it with black rivets to match the original ones. If you plan to remove the top panel on the Obsidian 800D, make sure you take your time and look everything over. You will need to undo the motherboard tray from the lower support, as well as the rear support in order to get the top panel to come off.

Page 5

Bluebeard's Revenge

Hehe...I LIKE that picture! 8-)

Bluebeard's Revenge

Hey Yellowbeard, will this case make its ways to CES? Would love to get some images for Tazz while I am there!

Bluebeard's Revenge

It should be at CES. I can't imagine why they would pay for an awesome mod and not show it off. I can also mail you guys a CD of my uncompressed images unless you can accept FTP. IIRC, it's about 225 pix uncompressed so......500MB - 600MB. Just let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information