Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unreal Tournament Tribute Case Mod is FINISHED!

Unreal Tournament Tribute Case Mod is FINISHED!

I had the opportunity to get a product sample for this project from NZXT, a sleeved LED kit. I was pleasantly surprised at the $9.99 retail price. ($14.99 for 2 meter long version) The ability to hide the LEDs out of sight was also alluring. The kits are sold in two length variations, 1 meter (39&#34 for MATX and Mid Tower or 2 meter (78&#34 for Full Tower cases. The LED bulbs are 3mm diameter. The brightness specification isn't available.

Pictured here is the 2 meter version with Orange LEDs. I'll be installing the 1 meter version with Red LEDs. The kits are offered in 5 colors, Red, Green, White, Blue, or Orange.

The kit includes Molex connector, ten Black adhesive backed mounting clips and one screw for mounting the circuit board in PCI slot.

The sleeving is offered only in Black for all the kits. It's very good quality material similar to Techflex.

The NZXT Sleeved LED Kit is paired with a three step light sensitivity and on/off light function that mounts in a PCI slot. You can switch the brightness between high, medium, and low settings or off.

Ten Black plastic mounting clips.

The clips are adhesive backed for tucking the LED cable into small crevices.

The brightness specification isn't available anywhere. This photo shows them at their highest setting, which provides ample lighting. You can always add another kit to meet individual applications. It would be nice if NZXT allowed you to daisy chain additional LED cable onto one kit. The end is a closed connection. Opportunity for mod? Hopefully we will see this change made to future version of the kit.

The 1 meter (39&#34 length had 12" of additional cable left after mounting it around the access side perimeter of the K62R chassis. I used some PC Cable and Zip Ties Computer, Black cable ties to bind the cable together.

The cable lead from the circuit board. I would like to see the cable connection on the circuit board located near the PCI slot instead, to avoid this loop. I'm going to use a cable tie base to tack the cable to PCI slot.

It only took a few minutes to install the kit. fyi: Having a Red chassis helps improve the illumination too!

I just noticed this morning Newegg is offering the PC-K58W case for $59.99 with FREE shipping, which is essentially the K62R I'm using, that sells for $70 more, The K58 has different window design, unpainted chassis and doesn't include the top 140mm fans.

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=ShellShocker-_-11-112-238-_-12012010

Some of the iconic slogans from UT. These are temporary templates, used as paint stencils.

had to get his screen name on the top grill on the bezel, so hes happy

I've re-installed the top 280mm fan grill.. It looks sweet!

I was thinking about milling out a recessed portion in center of the Diamond plate and engraving UT3, for the top

I think I'll go around the top badge frame with Black paint, to tone it down a bit..otherwise the chrome really clashes with everything else. I'm installing the smaller version of Mnpctech's Aluminum Billet Case Feet, diameter is 25mm x 15mm tall

http://www.mnpctech.com/ITX_MATX_Computer_Case_Feet.html

These will help intake ventilation for PSU's cooling fan

Here is the name plate design that will be milled into the Diamond plate, for the top panel

Love the cat, Love the case! Great work. Those grills are freaking cool!

Thank you Sheldon! btw: Do you have any new mod projects planned, or in the works?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information