Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael's Christmas Present The 5 day build

Michael's Christmas Present The 5 day build

Awesome job man! It looks great for a 5 day deadline.

The wire management s something you can do with him. It will give him some knowledge on how everything hooks up plus the satisfaction of completing the task.

Very true AF and a good idea as well. It was by far the most hectic build trying to create something in only 5 days but luckily all the major parts were purchased and most all of the extra necessities I needed were already on hand from previous builds.
    My big worry was the paint job so I attempted to knock it out first piece by piece giving each one time enough to heat up and then cool down allowing for cure time. To my surprise, everything came out exactly on schedule which freaked me out lol.
    He's very proud of it too and displaying it on his facebook page lol!

Update: Vashant was right, he wants it left "as is" lol. His buddies posted on his facebook page that they were totally blown away with it and how much they envied him for having "such a kick ass computer system". Seeing the wiring and stuff adds a reality factor to it that most people don't even know exists since they never open their box to see what's inside it.
    He does however want some graphics added so that part will get done in the future.

Glad to hear he is happy with the way it is, this way it also saves you time from messing with the cable management and cleaning it up.

This is an awesome story, and the smile and excitement of a child makes all of the effort worth it due to their genuine appreciation!

Kudos to you for making it happen!
    -=TD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information